Bollywood actor Shilpa Shetty launched her own gold bullion and jewellery company, which will have outlets in seven cities.
Satyug Gold has entered into long-term contracts with gold mines all over the world and also owns two refineries in India, Shilpa Shetty, who is Chairperson of the company, said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Satyug Gold is opening seven stores in cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Pune, Chandigarh and Ludhiana. These outlets will feature regular collections of jewellery designed by the actress.
“We have entered into long-term contracts with gold mines from all over the world and own two licensed refineries in India. Some of the margins we make in our gold business will be passed on to our customers in the form of discounts.” “This is possible because we are a complete mine-to- refinery-to-customer set up,” Shilpa Shetty told reporters here.
Satyug owns 42 per cent stake in AuPtAg Refinery and 50 per cent in Royal Refinery, both located in Navi Mumbai. They have refining capacity of 18 tonne and 150 tonne per annum, respectively, she said.
On the occasion, Shilpa Shetty launched 12 creatively designed evil eye charms made in 22 karat gold.
The company has also launched its own minted 24 karat (999) purity gold coins in different sizes. The coins will be apt for gifting, Shetty said.
Satyug is also launching, for a limited period and in association with the Indian Bullion & Jewellers Association (IBJA), a scheme that will offer patrons chance to purchase pure 24 karat gold at up to 37 per cent off the prevailing market rates linked to various delivery tenures.
Satyug has inked a five-year deal with the association worth Rs 25 crore as royalty payment, said IBJA President Mohit Kamboj.
Size of India’s gems and jewellery industry is likely to double to Rs 5,00,000 crore by 2018 and investment demand in the form of coins and bars has a capacity to reach Rs 1,80,000 crore by 2018 from Rs 85,000 crore in FY 12.