Actress-turned-producer Shilpa Shetty is in favour of inducting a “no-pregnancy” clause in the contract of actresses as a lot of money is riding on them.
Shilpa’s comments came against the backdrop of rumours that actress Vidya Balan is expecting.
Such a clause in a contract would mean actress in question cannot get pregnant during making of film she has signed.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Directors and producers can take a call on this (inclusion of non-pregnancy clause)… There is nothing wrong in that. For normal film, it takes a year to make so it is ok to have the clause, but if it takes four years or so then it is not acceptable. Actors should understand as money is riding (on them) and be responsible,” Shilpa told reporters here at a promotional event for her maiden home production film ‘Dishkiyaoon’.
Shilpa, who married businessman husband Raj Kundra, said marriage cannot be a barrier and end of road for any heroine as audience are accepting all heroines.
“I am here in the industry because of the audience and this is a payback time. So we have come up with an interesting entertaining film (‘Dishkiyaoon’) for the audience which we have made with all our heart,” the actress said.
Shilpa said the film has some “great dialogues” which are missing from contemporary films.
“The film has some great dialogues and people are loving it and it feels great. Since quite some time, there was no dialoguebaazi in our films which was the core part of our films earlier. I did miss dialoguebaazi, but we worked and ensured that we have good dialogues in our film,” she said.
Starring Sunny Deol, Harman Baweja, Aditya Pancholi and Ayesha Khanna in lead roles, the film is expected to hit the screens on March 28.
“We are glad that Sunny, Harman and Ayesha are on board. They all fit the bill and hence we cast them. They all have put in a lot of hard work and efforts,” she added.