Actress-turned-producer Shilpa Shetty is in favour of inducting a “no-pregnancy” clause in the contract of actresses as a lot of money is riding on them.
Shilpa’s comments came against the backdrop of rumours that actress Vidya Balan is expecting.
Such a clause in a contract would mean actress in question cannot get pregnant during making of film she has signed.
“Directors and producers can take a call on this (inclusion of non-pregnancy clause)… There is nothing wrong in that. For normal film, it takes a year to make so it is ok to have the clause, but if it takes four years or so then it is not acceptable. Actors should understand as money is riding (on them) and be responsible,” Shilpa told reporters here at a promotional event for her maiden home production film ‘Dishkiyaoon’.
Shilpa, who married businessman husband Raj Kundra, said marriage cannot be a barrier and end of road for any heroine as audience are accepting all heroines.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I am here in the industry because of the audience and this is a payback time. So we have come up with an interesting entertaining film (‘Dishkiyaoon’) for the audience which we have made with all our heart,” the actress said.
Shilpa said the film has some “great dialogues” which are missing from contemporary films.
“The film has some great dialogues and people are loving it and it feels great. Since quite some time, there was no dialoguebaazi in our films which was the core part of our films earlier. I did miss dialoguebaazi, but we worked and ensured that we have good dialogues in our film,” she said.
Starring Sunny Deol, Harman Baweja, Aditya Pancholi and Ayesha Khanna in lead roles, the film is expected to hit the screens on March 28.
“We are glad that Sunny, Harman and Ayesha are on board. They all fit the bill and hence we cast them. They all have put in a lot of hard work and efforts,” she added.