Bollywood actor Shatrughan Sinha will be given the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) award for his outstanding contribution to cinema. Filmmaker Ramesh Sippy, who is on advisory board of IIFA awards, made this announcement.
The IIFA awards ceremony will be held at Tampa Bay, Florida in the US, between April 23 and 26.
The veteran actor, whose career spans over four decades has acted in numerous films that included hits like ‘Atithi’ ‘Kaala Patthar’, ‘Vishwanath’, ‘Heera Moti’, ‘Jaani Dushman’, Rakta Charitra (2010) to name a few, and is especially known for his unique style of dialogue delivery.
Meanwhile, actors Shahid Kapoor and Farhan Akhtar will be back to hosting the IIFA awards, and they are excited about it.
“I am very much excited to be hosting again with Farhan. He comes with good content which is fantastic. We had lot of fun. I am looking forward to go to Tampa Bay,” Shahid Kapoor said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Shahid Kapoor is Farhan’s favourite host and the latter is looking to have a great time again with Shahid. “It feels great to be back as a host. We have got good response as a host previously. I am thankful and fortunate to be part of IIFA family,” Farhan Akhtar said.
Actor Hrithik Roshan will be performing at IIFA awards. “I have been part of IIFA awards earlier and it (IIFA) was in fact my first international performance and I treasure it. This is 15th year of IIFA and I think it will be best IIFA ever. We are thankful to them to give our film industry a platform to gain entry into new markets,” Hrithik said.