Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha, who would be bestowed with a special award at the upcoming International Indian Film Academy (IIFA), said he was thrilled with the honour.
The 67-year-old veteran actor will be honoured for his outstanding contribution to Indian cinema at the IIFA awards this year, which is set to take place in Tampa Bay, Florida in the US at the end of the month.
“I am thrilled to get this acclaimed award. Its reward for my hard works as an actor,” a beaming Sinha, 67, told PTI today.
Sinha, popularly known as “Shotgun Sinha”, is presently busy with campaigning in Patna Sahib seat that will go to poll on April 17. He said he would dedicate the honour to people of Patna.
His fate in Lok Sabha election from Patna Sahib seat will be known only on May 16.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Turning nostalgic, Sinha said “I had never thought to go this much in life. Its by the grace of God and love and affection of my family and fellow citizens of Patna, in particular and Bihar in general, where lies my root.”
“After receiving IIFA award at the end of this month at Florida in the US I will come back to Patna to dedicate it to my fellow citizens”, he said.
The award which the actor will receive at IIFA is similar to a Lifetime Achievement Award.
Sinha has acted in more than 200 Hindi films including “Kalicharan”, “Vishwanath”, “Kaala Patthar”, “Shaan”, “Naseeb”, “Dostana” and “Kranti”, which have made it big at the box office.
Well remembered for his powerful dialogue and the key word “Khamosh”, Sinha has rare distinction in Hindi film industry of successfully changing his image from a villain to a hero.
By bagging IIFA award, Sinha joins the ranks of several other luminaries of Bollywood, including producer/director Yash Chopra (“Jab Tak Hai Jaan”), director Ramesh Sippy (“Sholay”) and singer Asha Bhosle among others.