Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha, who would be bestowed with a special award at the upcoming International Indian Film Academy (IIFA), said he was thrilled with the honour.
The 67-year-old veteran actor will be honoured for his outstanding contribution to Indian cinema at the IIFA awards this year, which is set to take place in Tampa Bay, Florida in the US at the end of the month.
“I am thrilled to get this acclaimed award. Its reward for my hard works as an actor,” a beaming Sinha, 67, told PTI today.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Sinha, popularly known as “Shotgun Sinha”, is presently busy with campaigning in Patna Sahib seat that will go to poll on April 17. He said he would dedicate the honour to people of Patna.
His fate in Lok Sabha election from Patna Sahib seat will be known only on May 16.
Turning nostalgic, Sinha said “I had never thought to go this much in life. Its by the grace of God and love and affection of my family and fellow citizens of Patna, in particular and Bihar in general, where lies my root.”
“After receiving IIFA award at the end of this month at Florida in the US I will come back to Patna to dedicate it to my fellow citizens”, he said.
The award which the actor will receive at IIFA is similar to a Lifetime Achievement Award.
Sinha has acted in more than 200 Hindi films including “Kalicharan”, “Vishwanath”, “Kaala Patthar”, “Shaan”, “Naseeb”, “Dostana” and “Kranti”, which have made it big at the box office.
Well remembered for his powerful dialogue and the key word “Khamosh”, Sinha has rare distinction in Hindi film industry of successfully changing his image from a villain to a hero.
By bagging IIFA award, Sinha joins the ranks of several other luminaries of Bollywood, including producer/director Yash Chopra (“Jab Tak Hai Jaan”), director Ramesh Sippy (“Sholay”) and singer Asha Bhosle among others.