Shahid plays Raja Ratan Singh, the Rajput ruler and husband of queen Padmavati (Deepika), in the period drama, to be directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Ranveer Singh will be seen as Alauddin Khilji, the medieval-era Delhi sultan, who falls in love with Padmavati. “I will start shooting for ‘Padmavati’ in a couple of weeks. I haven’t started it yet, but it is an amazing honor to work with Bhansali Ji. I love his films, I think he is a fantastic filmmaker,” Shahid told reporters at the Lux Golden Rose Awards here last night.
“I am very excited about the role he has offered me. This is the first time that Deepika and I will be working together which is great. This is the first time I and Ranveer will be working together, which is great,” he said. The actor recently wrapped up his film with Vishal Bhardwaj, titled Rangoon, which also stars Saif Ali Khan and Kangana Ranaut.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The 35-year-old actor feels he is in an “amazing” phase professionally as he is working with two great directors back-to-back. “Padmavati is a really big film. It is a challenging film to do as an actor. After working with Vishal Bharadwaj, working with Bhansali is an amazing place to be. I feel very fortunate,” he said. While “Padmavati” will go on floors soon, “Rangoon” is scheduled to release next year in February.