Shahid Kapoor would rather hold his horses than jumping the gun as far as demonetisation is concerned. The Udta Punjab actor rightfully pointed out the practical difficulties that many are facing owing to the abolishing of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes by the government.
Said Shahid, “If corruption is what you want to remove then you have to take some tough measures. It’s still early to comment on how it will go because there are some practicalities that are attached to the change in currency and the notes that have been changed. So it is going to be difficult. Everybody is finding it difficult.”
However, Shahid is all for tolerating these difficulties if the same can stop corruption. “If it leads to less corruption, less black money and less fake money, which is also a big issue that we are facing, then it is a bold step and we are in the right direction,” averred Shahid.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
While most of Bollywood have voted in favour of PM Modi’s move, Arjun Kapoor and Arshad Warsi were the few who expressed scepticism on Twitter. Arshad went ballistic tagging the Prime Minister in his tweets while expressing his grouse against demonetisation.
On the professional front, Shahid is all set to get busy with the shoot of Padmavati after his paternity break. Expressing his joy at collaborating with one of his favourite filmmakers Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Shahid said, “I will start shooting for Padmavati in a couple of weeks from now. It’s an amazing honour to work with Bhansali. I loved his last film(Bajirao Mastani) and have loved many of his earlier films. He is a fantastic filmmaker and I am very excited about the role that he has offered me. This is the first time I and Deepika (Padukone) will be working together which is great. It is also the first time I will be teaming up with Ranveer (Singh) which is also great.”
Like Deepika, Shahid too feels the period romance will be a challenging one to do. “It’s a really big film and it’s a challenging film to do as an actor and that is what excited me the most as an actor. After working with Vishal Bhardwaj to be working with Bhansali makes me feel that I am in an amazing place. I am very fortunate as an actor, ” said Shahid.