Shahid Kapoor and Aditi Rao Hydari, who joined other Bollywood stars in the #SaluteSelfie campaign on I-Day, have now been slammed by fans on Instagram for saluting with their left hands.
The moment the ‘Haider’ actor and the 28-year-old actress posted their ‘salute’ selfie they were bombarded with harsh comments stating “Never salute with left hand, its wrong,” “Salute always with right hand with left u insulting hero’s”, “Salute should be given using right hand”, and many more.
- PadMan challenge: Deepika Padukone, Anil Kapoor and Rajkummar Rao also pose with a sanitary pad
- Padmaavat actor Aditi Rao Hydari on jauhar scene: We need to be open to different opinions
- Suchitra Krishnamoorthi slams Swara Bhasker’s open letter on Padmaavat
- Padmavati actor Aditi Rao Hydari slams BJP leader, says ‘no difference between a gangster and political leader’
- Aditi Rao Hydari: Sanjay Leela Bhansali celebrates our culture and we should be proud of him
- For Independence Day, celebs salute soldiers with ‘#Saluteselfie’
On the other hand, some fans backed the two stars mentioning one should look for Shahid and Aditi’s intention rather than pointing out their hands and “Lol….It’s funny….people don’t realize that some phones do a mirror on the front cam…so a right salute looks like a left salute”.
This initiative by celebrities was in the honour of selfless and brave heroes of Indian Army as soldiers unselfishly risk their life every single day for the peace and happiness of Indian citizens.