Actress Juhi Chawla’s elder brother Bobby, who had been in coma nearly for four years, passed away on Sunday (March 9) morning. He was 55.
Bobby Chawla had been in coma since April 2010 and breathed his last at Jaslok Hospital in Mumbai at 6:30am, hospital officials said. He went into coma after suffering a massive stroke in 2010.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
A thoroughly heartbroken Juhi Chawla tweeted, “This is the perfect screenplay …look at how my brother timed it … He gave me the biggest gift of my lifetime …saw its release … And… Went away …..”
Juhi’s ‘Gulaab Gang’ co-star Madhuri Dixit tweeted, “Condolences to @iam_juhi for her loss.”
Juhi Chawla’s close friend Shah Rukh Khan, tweeted, “When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure. May Allah bless my friends soul.” Bobby was the former CEO of Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s Red Chillies Entertainment.
Filmmaker Farah Khan also tweeted, “Bobby chawla,u leave us for a better place.”
Actor Riteish Deshmukh also condoled the death of the “true gentleman”. “RIP Bobby Chawla – a true gentleman – always wore a smile on his face and had warmth when he greeted you. Condolences to the entire family,” he tweeted.
Juhi Chawla was very close to her brother and has spoken about him in various interviews.
The cremation took place at Banganga crematorium in South Mumbai. It was attended by close friends Shah Rukh, Deepika, Farah Khan, Sujoy Ghosh, Anubhav Sinha, Madhoo among others.