When it comes to digital and marketing innovations for films, Red Chillies Entertainments Pvt Ltd has been at the top of the game. They have proved it yet again with their trailer launch of Farah Khan directed film Happy New Year. Red Chillies not just involved fans in the launch of the trailer that took place in Mumbai on August 14, but also opened up many new platforms for the fans to view the trailer as the launch happened. This was the first time that newer platforms on digital medium were opened for the trailer keeping the user preference in mind. Red Chillies used all possible Digital Platforms- Social Media, Mobile (VAS), DTH& Application Economy to ensure a large user preferred reach for the trailer.
While most of the films opt for the conventional Youtube platform, Happy New Year trailer was first launched on Facebook’s native video player using an application wherein the trailer was not only launched on the Facebook page of Happy New Year but also the timelines of all the users who subscribed to the app. “In keeping with the tradition of innovation established by Red Chillies, we were delighted to launch the trailer of Happy New Year for the first time across multiple platforms. This was also done to meet the demands of fans who are consuming talent in ways that suit them. This has given the trailer an unprecedented footprint and delighted the fans,” said Venky Mysore, CEO RCE.
If this isn’t enough, the trailer was also launched on the native video player of Twitter with personalized messages from the cast of HNY. “Red Chillies and the cast of Happy New Year understand the value of developing live, personal and interactive connections with their audience, which is only possible on Twitter. From the entire cast and crew sharing every moment of film production on Twitter via their personal handles to their launching personalized trailers and posters on Twitter, Happy New Year has set a new national and global standard in the movie business,” said Rishi Jaitley, Market Director, Twitter India. The Trailer was also launched on the conventional platform of Youtube on all channels of the partners (Music Distributors T-Series and Film Distributors Yash Raj Films) on the film along with Red Chillies’ official channel. The total views of the trailer from all platforms cross a record breaking number of 4 million in 24 hours. Happy New Year is slated to release this Diwali.
Below are the statistics of 24 hours from the minute the trailer was launched on all the Digital Platforms, which got it more than 4 million view:
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
First film trailer to be launched on FB and becomes the most viewed movie trailer on FB Native Player across the Globe
1.5 Million Trailer Views
2.8 Million Post Interaction & over 18 Million FB users reached.
Over 360K Likes for the trailer (Highest Ever)
1.5 Billion Impressions only on Aug 14
5 Hash Tags trending of Happy New Year (PFA Screen Shot Attached)
Over than 2 Million views across various Youtube Partner Channels
First Film to send out the trailer via WhatsApp
Reached Over 13 million Subscribe of a DTH & each one has to watch channel 100 when they switch on their sets before they go to any other channel of their choice
They have over 15 million visitors every day
Over 300,000 fans received it via SMS service (missed call facility)
Over 25,000 fans received it via email