Suspected members of Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) Sunday morning pelted stones at Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan’s car, which was parked at hotel Hyatt Regency on Ashram Road here. So far, police have arrested three of the “8-10 VHP members” booked in this connection.
VHP and several right-wing groups have been protesting the shooting of Shah Rukh’s upcoming movie Raees in Gujarat. These groups are upset over the actor’s comment on “growing intolerence” in India in November last year.
According to police, 8-10 people, who were on motorcycles, threw stones inside Hyatt Regency’s open parking lot where the actor’s car was parked and fled from the spot.
The incident took place at around 4.30 am.
At the time of stone pelting, the actor was not in the hotel. He reached Ahmedabad in the afternoon.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
A case in this regard was registered by Wadaj Police Station on the basis of a complaint lodged by Hitendrasinh Gadhvi, fire officer at the hotel.
According to police, two of the arrested accused — Nilesh Arya and Jwalit Mehta — are active VHP workers.
The Gujarat unit of VHP, according to PTI, claimed responsibility for the incident. Its state spokesperson Raju Patel said the VHP activists threw stones at Shah Rukh’s car as part of their ongoing protest against him.
Assistant Commissioner of Police B U Jadeja said: “The damaged car was of Shah Rukh Khan. Nilesh Arya and Jwalit Mehta are active members of the VHP whereas, the rest are small VHP workers.”
According to Wadaj police inspector V G Rathod, “A case of rioting has been registered against 8-10 persons and process is on to arrest them.”