Suspected members of Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) Sunday morning pelted stones at Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan’s car, which was parked at hotel Hyatt Regency on Ashram Road here. So far, police have arrested three of the “8-10 VHP members” booked in this connection.
VHP and several right-wing groups have been protesting the shooting of Shah Rukh’s upcoming movie Raees in Gujarat. These groups are upset over the actor’s comment on “growing intolerence” in India in November last year.
According to police, 8-10 people, who were on motorcycles, threw stones inside Hyatt Regency’s open parking lot where the actor’s car was parked and fled from the spot.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The incident took place at around 4.30 am.
At the time of stone pelting, the actor was not in the hotel. He reached Ahmedabad in the afternoon.
A case in this regard was registered by Wadaj Police Station on the basis of a complaint lodged by Hitendrasinh Gadhvi, fire officer at the hotel.
According to police, two of the arrested accused — Nilesh Arya and Jwalit Mehta — are active VHP workers.
The Gujarat unit of VHP, according to PTI, claimed responsibility for the incident. Its state spokesperson Raju Patel said the VHP activists threw stones at Shah Rukh’s car as part of their ongoing protest against him.
Assistant Commissioner of Police B U Jadeja said: “The damaged car was of Shah Rukh Khan. Nilesh Arya and Jwalit Mehta are active members of the VHP whereas, the rest are small VHP workers.”
According to Wadaj police inspector V G Rathod, “A case of rioting has been registered against 8-10 persons and process is on to arrest them.”