Acknowledging “ups and downs in all relationships,” director Karan Johar said superstar Shah Rukh Khan would always be a part of his family.
“Shah Rukh Khan is very much a part of my family. He hasn’t fallen on the wayside. Shah Rukh his wife and three children will always be family and a large part of my life,” Karan Johar said at the ongoing 9th edition of the Jaipur Literature Festival that began on January 21.
The 46-year-old filmmaker, who released his biography, ‘An Unsuitable Boy,’ was in conversation with his biographer Poonam Saxena and author and columnist Shobhaa De. (Shah Rukh Khan shares stories of craziest fans, watch video)
Rumours of a reported fallout between close friends and long time colleagues Karan Johar and Shah Rukh Khan came when the actor did not appear on the last season of ‘Koffee With Karan,’ as he had done in all previous seasons. (I was effeminate as a child: Karan Johar)
However, the director-producer said that his relationship with SRK and his family was so strong that it was difficult for them to part ways.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
“I don’t deny there have been ups and downs. But this connect is so strong, the love that I have for him and his family his very strong. All relationships have ups and downs,” he said. (Shah Rukh Khan’s fans can interact with him on live video social platform)
The two have come together after a gap of nearly two years to co-produce their yet untitled project directed by Gauri Shinde. (Pics: Gauri Khan parties with Karan Johar)
The film, which will not have “typical romance,” will see actress Alia Bhatt sharing screen space with the actor for the first time.