Acknowledging “ups and downs in all relationships,” director Karan Johar said superstar Shah Rukh Khan would always be a part of his family.
“Shah Rukh Khan is very much a part of my family. He hasn’t fallen on the wayside. Shah Rukh his wife and three children will always be family and a large part of my life,” Karan Johar said at the ongoing 9th edition of the Jaipur Literature Festival that began on January 21.
The 46-year-old filmmaker, who released his biography, ‘An Unsuitable Boy,’ was in conversation with his biographer Poonam Saxena and author and columnist Shobhaa De. (Shah Rukh Khan shares stories of craziest fans, watch video)
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Rumours of a reported fallout between close friends and long time colleagues Karan Johar and Shah Rukh Khan came when the actor did not appear on the last season of ‘Koffee With Karan,’ as he had done in all previous seasons. (I was effeminate as a child: Karan Johar)
However, the director-producer said that his relationship with SRK and his family was so strong that it was difficult for them to part ways.
“I don’t deny there have been ups and downs. But this connect is so strong, the love that I have for him and his family his very strong. All relationships have ups and downs,” he said. (Shah Rukh Khan’s fans can interact with him on live video social platform)
The two have come together after a gap of nearly two years to co-produce their yet untitled project directed by Gauri Shinde. (Pics: Gauri Khan parties with Karan Johar)
The film, which will not have “typical romance,” will see actress Alia Bhatt sharing screen space with the actor for the first time.