While all the shooting of debutant director Syed Ahmed Afzal’s ‘Youngistaan’ featuring Jackky Bhagnani as a young dynamic prime minister is nearly complete, one crucial sequence remains to be filmed.
It’s a scene featuring Shah Rukh Khan. An integral part of the script, the scene was written into the plot from its inception. Apparently the film’s prime-minister protagonist’s girlfriend, played by Neha Sharma, is a diehard Shah Rukh Khan fan.
The scene requires the very dynamic prime minister to arrange a quiet surprise meeting between his girlfriend and her celluloid crush.
In fact the scene to feature Jackky, Neha, and Jackky’s screen-mentor Farooq Sheikh was shot without Shah Rukh just before Farooq’s death.
Says a source, “Shah Rukh’s scene in Youngistaan is important. He comes in at a crucial moment in the plot for a cute cameo. So sure were producer Vashu Bhagnani and his leading man Jackky of getting Shah Rukh for the role that they shot the sequence on Farooq’s insistence just before his death. The scene was done with the idea of filling in Shah Rukh’s shots later.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Alarmingly the film’s release is now a month away. Shah Rukh is yet to find the time to do the scene.
Says the source, “Vashu and Shah Rukh share a warm rapport. In fact Shah Rukh generously gave Vashu the title Rangrezz which was the property of Shah Rukh’s production house. There is no doubt that Shah Rukh wants to do the needful. But the dates are a problem.”
It is at the moment unclear how the SRK factor would pan out in Youngistaan.
Producer Vashu Bhagnani says, “Yes, there is a scene where a major superstar is to appear. But I can’t confirm who he is until it happens.”
Earlier Dibakar Banerjee had written a cameo specially for Ranbir Kapoor playing himself in Bombay Talkies. After waiting till the final hours before release Dibakar had to shoot the scene with a duplicate. A similar no-show happened when Emraan Hashmi was to appear as himself in Tigmanshu Dhulia’s Bullett Raja.
In sharp contrast the Big B very generously played himself in a Kannada film Amrithadhare in which a hero had to fulfil his dying wife’s last wish to meet the Big B.
The Big B not only readily agreed to play the role-his only appearance in a South Indian film-he refused to charge any money for the friendly appearance.
Shah Rukh Khan has done the maximum number of cameos and “friendly appearances” to help out friends and aspirants. In all he has done cameo appearances in 26 films so far.
Youngistaan would be Shah Rukh Khan’s 27th guest appearance.