In a significant move away from the norm, Aditya Chopra has signed Ranveer Singh and not Shah Rukh Khan for his next film.
This is Aditya’s first film that won’t feature SRK. Aditya Chopra has so far only directed three films, the historical ‘Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge’ followed by Mohabbatein 5 years later, followed by ‘Rab Ne Banadi Jodi’ 8 years later.
- 24 years of Darr: 10 lesser-known facts about the Shah Rukh Khan-starrer that will make you go, ‘really?’
- Aditya Chopra says Ranveer Singh is the new Shah Rukh Khan, leaves him in tears
- Ranveer Singh stays mum on film with Shah Rukh Khan
- To be directed by Aditya Chopra is a matter of pride: Ranveer Singh
- Aditya Chopra begins prepping for ‘Befikre’ in Paris
- Karan Johar excited for mentor Aditya Chopra’s ‘Befikre’
Father Yash Chopra too didn’t direct a single film without Shah Rukh Khan once they got together for ‘Darr’ in 1993.
So to what do we attribute this change of heart, art and strategy in the Yashraj family?
An actor very close to the Yashraj family says, “There is no fall-out between Shah Rukh Khan and Aditya, so don’t even go there. It’s just that this role requires a younger actor. I think Adi spoke to Shah Rukh Khan before signing Ranveer Singh. I believe Shah Rukh Khan will make a guest appearance in ‘Befikre’.”