Shah Rukh Khan has won The Global Icon of The Year 2016 award at the recently held Filmfare Glamour and Style Awards in Mumbai. While the actor wasn’t present at the event to receive the award all by himself, thanks to his busy schedule, he made sure to at least thank his audience for showering so much love on him. Usually, when you see an actor receiving an award, you see them going quite sober and to the point, however, SRK, the trendsetter he is, has changed the way we look at a thank you speech.
Shah Rukh sent a video straight from Budapest where he is shooting for his upcoming film, The Ring. And in that video, we see Shah Rukh giving his thank you speech, which is a laugh riot and it will also make you go áww’.
We already know SRK doesn’t really like the extreme cold weather of Budapest — as he has often complained on Twitter — and we see him shivering with cold in the video. In the speech, he says how nobody around him, including his dog, thinks he is an icon. He said, “I don’t think I am an icon because my dog at home doesn’t think I am an icon. My friends don’t think I am an icon, my family don’t think I am an icon and the best they think is I am someone who arrive at appointments always late. All I did was my thing, work hard and little bit of acting I did.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The video is extremely adorable and funny, well what else do you expect from Shah Rukh Khan?
Watch Shah Rukh Khan’s adorable thank you speech
Further, he explained what being an icon actually meant for him. He said that an icon is a statue in wood or engraving in wood, “so by that logic, being a global icon would imply for me, at best, that I am a beautiful etching on a barstool open for everyone to put their bums on, especially people from social media. I don’t think I can handle that.” The actor said for him an icon is like Mohammad Ali, Amitabh Bachchan and many more who have inspired him.
During the one-and-a-half minute video, we also see SRK giving out some tips to the men and one of them is extremely hillarious. Calling himself the global icon of 2016, Shah Rukh said, “never wear thermals” especially the one that “are five inches below the crotch” even if you are dying of cold.