Superstar Shah Rukh Khan says he likes to maintain distance from social media due to all the negativity that surfaces in the virtual world.
The cine icon also urged his fans to refrain from abusing and trolling other actors on social media. Shah Rukh shared his take on the social media through #fame, a live video social platform.
When a question “Why have you not been on Twitter lately” surfaced, the actor asserted that he likes to be out of the Twitter world because he ends up reading “idiotic stuff” whether he likes it or not.
“I don’t come (on Twitter) that often. I don’t like people abusing and all. I don’t need to open my telephone and see the negativity. So, I don’t like it… there are some idiots who talk really idiotic stuff and say bad things, so I don’t like to read (it) and unfortunately I end up reading it whether I like it or not,” the actor said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Shah Rukh added: “So just one little thing… Don’t abuse on social media and don’t say bad things about other actors and actresses… because I don’t feel like that myself for anyone and nobody is important enough in life to be abused I did a few times and I regret doing it.”
Last year, Shah Rukh asked his fans to stop trolling other actors. Even Salman Khan has warned his fans to stop trolling other celebrities in a series of tweets.
The “Dilwale” star requested “everyone – don’t do such things specially you know people write ill things on social media and go in fact there is no fun in that if you want to abuse someone then say it on the face.”
“So, I would like to request all the people who consider the fact that they like me, not to be rude with anyone – on my behalf or on your own.”