Actor Abhishek Bachchan feels superstar Shah Khan Khan should make a movie on legendary hockey player Dhyan Chand and also essay his role on-screen as he looks like him.
The late Indian hockey player is remembered for his extraordinary goal-scoring feats, in addition to earning three Olympic gold medals during an era where India was the most dominant team in the game.
Known as “The Wizard” for his superb ball control, Chand played his final international match in 1948.
“A sportsman whose life will be fantastic on screen is Major Dhyan Chand. It will be an unbelievable story. These are the stories that need to be told. I told Shah Rukh Khan (during the shoot of ‘Happy New Year’) to make a film on it and play the protagonist, because he looks a lot like him.
“If you see his photo…just need to change Shah Rukh’s hair a bit. Shah Rukh was a hockey player. I think he will be fantastic, said Abhishek on the sidelines of an event here.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Two-three years back, apparently, multiple biopics on Chand were in the pipeline and Shah Rukh was one of the choices to play the sporting hero on big screen.
Earlier, SRK had reportedly confirmed that he was approached for a movie based on the legendary sportsman.
Hockey, as a sport, isn’t new to SRK. He has been an athlete throughout his school and college life and has played the game. Not many may know that SRK, during his school days captained the football and hockey teams besides playing cricket at the zonal and national levels.
Abhishek, who owns a Kabaddi team Jaipur Pink Panthers, plans to make a film based on it in future.
“I would love to do it in the future but not right now. The history of Kabaddi is fantastic. It has his origin in Mahabharat..it is over 3,000 years old. So you can get a lot of exciting content but let it build, then we will think of making it. If you do it (make the film) right now and if it doesn’t work then it becomes disappointing. So let Kabaddi get that recognition and then I would love to do it (make a film on it),” Abhishek said.
Abhishek is happy that filmmakers are showing Kabaddi in films.
“A dear friend of mine, Arjun Kapoor is doing a film called ‘Tevar’ which is a remake of a Telugu film and it has got lot of Kabaddi in it.
“Kabaddi has been around in films like in one of my dad’s movie ‘Ganga Ki Saugandh’, Chintu uncle (Rishi Kapoor) in Naseeb’.. Even I had a scene in ‘Yuva’. So it is there in films,” he said.