Shah Rukh Khan says playing a superstar and his young lookalike admirer in Maneesh Sharma’s “Fan” was physically draining but a “very interesting and schizophrenic” experience.
Shah Rukh, who finished shooting the Yash Raj film that is currently on its extensive post-production, says it was tough to transform himself into a 24-year-old person every day with the help of prosthetics.
“Physically, it was extremely challenging to become 24. The prosthetics took about four hours… The guy is a lookalike of someone who he loves. His story is a lot similar like mine.
“He follows the star as he feels the star is from Delhi and he can also be like his idol some day. But the story is different… To capture all that was very interesting and schizophrenic. I just hope that I have turned it out just okay,” Shah Rukh told PTI.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The 50-year-old actor is happy that he got the opportunity to play a Delhi-based boy in the film.
“I am glad that I got the opportunity to play a Delhi boy. I used to hate it when actors, who are not from Delhi, will play Delhi guys. I used to think why I have not been given the chance to play a Delhi boy as I come from there. I am very happy now. I had forgotten the accent. It’s good to recapture that.”
SRK says as far as the role of superstar Aryan Khanna is concerned, it is a milder version of his public persona.
“He is actually very quiet unlike the flamboyance you see of me coming out on my birthday and waving at thousands of people.
“I don’t do the same in that film. We have never shown the star at shooting. We have never shown his flamboyance. That’s very different. That’s itself is very internalised because that’s how perhaps I am at home, very normal and regular.”
The teaser of the movie has already captured the attention of fans as SRK’s appearance is different despite resembling him.
Asked whether he is expecting to sweep all the awards Shah Rukh jokingly said, “I am just waiting for the National award as I have decided to retire after getting one.”
Introducing former model Waluscha De Sousa as female lead, the film will release on April 15 next year.