Shah Rukh Khan says playing a superstar and his young lookalike admirer in Maneesh Sharma’s “Fan” was physically draining but a “very interesting and schizophrenic” experience.
Shah Rukh, who finished shooting the Yash Raj film that is currently on its extensive post-production, says it was tough to transform himself into a 24-year-old person every day with the help of prosthetics.
“Physically, it was extremely challenging to become 24. The prosthetics took about four hours… The guy is a lookalike of someone who he loves. His story is a lot similar like mine.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“He follows the star as he feels the star is from Delhi and he can also be like his idol some day. But the story is different… To capture all that was very interesting and schizophrenic. I just hope that I have turned it out just okay,” Shah Rukh told PTI.
The 50-year-old actor is happy that he got the opportunity to play a Delhi-based boy in the film.
“I am glad that I got the opportunity to play a Delhi boy. I used to hate it when actors, who are not from Delhi, will play Delhi guys. I used to think why I have not been given the chance to play a Delhi boy as I come from there. I am very happy now. I had forgotten the accent. It’s good to recapture that.”
SRK says as far as the role of superstar Aryan Khanna is concerned, it is a milder version of his public persona.
“He is actually very quiet unlike the flamboyance you see of me coming out on my birthday and waving at thousands of people.
“I don’t do the same in that film. We have never shown the star at shooting. We have never shown his flamboyance. That’s very different. That’s itself is very internalised because that’s how perhaps I am at home, very normal and regular.”
The teaser of the movie has already captured the attention of fans as SRK’s appearance is different despite resembling him.
Asked whether he is expecting to sweep all the awards Shah Rukh jokingly said, “I am just waiting for the National award as I have decided to retire after getting one.”
Introducing former model Waluscha De Sousa as female lead, the film will release on April 15 next year.