The 38th Cairo International Film Festival (CIFF) kicked off on Tuesday at the Cairo Opera House with an opening show which paid a special tribute to Bollywood celebrities, who enjoy great fan following in the country. The show, which was directed by Egyptian theater director Khaled Galal, featured Egyptian singer Nesma Mahgoub, who sang a number in which she mentioned the names of international celebrities.
“Bollywood celebrities are my love since very long,” sang Nesma during the show. The photographs of Bollywood celebrities like Shah Rukh Khan, director Farah Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan, Rishi Kapoor, Salman Khan were shown in a video made specially for the event. Three films from India are participating at this year’s Cairo International Film Festival, which runs until 24 November.
Indian movie The Narrow Path by Satish Babusenan and Santosh Babusenan will be screened in the International competition, while “Half Ticket” by Samit Kakkad will be screened in the International panorama category. The third movie is Lipstick Under My Burkha by Alankrita Shrivastava and it will be shown during the Festival of Festivals competition. This year, the festival features 204 films in all categories.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The Cairo International Film Festival is one of the 14 most important film festivals in the world, and the only one in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, to be accorded category “A” status by the International Federation of Film Producers Associations.