SRK finally receives graduation degree from Hansraj College after 28 years

Shah Rukh Khan received his graduation degree today, 28 years after passing out from Hansraj College in New Delhi.

By: PTI | New Delhi | Updated: February 17, 2016 6:33 pm
Shah Rukh khan, Fan, Shah Rukh Khan Fan, SRk, SRK Fan, Shah Rukh Khan in Delhi, SRK in Delhi, Shah Rukh Khan in Fan, Entertainment news Shah Rukh Khan, who was in the capital to launch the anthem of his much-awaited Yash Raj Film, “Fan,” said he felt special coming back to the campus.

Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan received his graduation degree today, 28 years after passing out from Hansraj College here.

On the occasion, he walk down the memory lane as he recalled his days time at his alma mater.

The 50-year-old “Dilwale” actor, who was in the capital to launch the anthem of his much-awaited Yash Raj Film, “Fan,” said he felt special coming back to the campus.

“This is a very special moment for me. I am back in my college, which I left in 1988. I am missing only one thing — my children are not with me today, as I wanted to show them every corner of my college,” Shah Rukh said at the event.

While presenting him with the degree, Hansraj College Principal Rama Sharma said the institution is proud of its superstar student.

“We are very happy to present him the degree after so many years. We had kept his degree safely in our college. We are proud to bestow him with it today,” Sharma said.

Watch: Shah Rukh Khan Launched The Title Track Of ‘Fan’

The actor also signed the register after taking the DU graduate degree.

Shah Rukh, who was born in Delhi, lived in famous localities of the city including Rajendra Nagar and Gautam Nagar. The “Chennai Express” star studied at St Columba’s School and earned his bachelor’s degree in Economics from Hansraj.

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

SHIVAM
    Feb 17, 2016 at 8:57 am
    Love Srk and God bless you sir.
    1. W
      wasim ali
      Feb 17, 2016 at 7:01 am
      Yea!!!!thanx to college preserved certificate for.its awesome!!!!! Carry one sir!!!!!!�!
        mohd suhail
        Feb 18, 2016 at 3:45 am
        M a big fan f urs, ,u r my ideal ,,,I love u yr,,m following u
          Anand
          Feb 22, 2016 at 5:18 am
          Awesome. We were at the same college! Similar schools too (St. Columba's for him, St. Xavier's for me) and similar time frames! What gets me is that did he not need his degree certificate at all these past 28 years? Did he just waltz into an actors job after he ''ped out''?
            papa g
            Feb 17, 2016 at 5:30 am
            L@nd ke shakal ke...apni ma@ @..
              Sriniwasan
              Feb 16, 2016 at 5:55 pm
              I could not attend my graduation convocation.It has been35 years and till date,I have not received my Degree Certificate inspite of several appeals to the College and university Registrar
                kj kj
                Feb 21, 2016 at 6:43 am
                he should act thats all no other profession
                1. I
                  Isp Squash-india
                  Feb 16, 2016 at 5:09 pm
                  with rupees 3500 crore worth any one can get a graduation degree.....