Shah Rukh Khan complimented German Ambassador to India Michael Steiner’s Bollywood music video in which he is seen enacting the role of the superstar from the 2003 romantic drama “Kal Ho Naa Ho”.
The song, penned by Javed Akhtar and sung by Sonu Nigam, talks about living in now rather than thinking about past or future.
- Shah Rukh Khan’s TED Talks India Nayi Soch renewed for three seasons
- Inside Shloka Mehta and Akash Ambani’s star-studded engagement party at Antilia
- Happy Birthday Preity Zinta: The dimpled beauty sure knows her craft
- Singer Shalmali Kholgade composes song for Shah Rukh Khan’s TED Talks India Nayi Soch
- Never shown the ending of ‘Kal Ho Naa Ho’ to my kids: Shah Rukh Khan
- Watch Video: Kal Ho Na Ho with Mr & Mrs German Ambassador & Mr Khurshid
After watching the video, which has been directed by Sumit Osmand Shaw, Johar asked Shah Rukh to have a look at it. The 49-year-old actor called Steiner’s efforts “awesome”.
“@karanjohar: @iamsrk you have to see this! #KalHoNaaHo #eternalsong Drat! They remade it already! Awesome job,” Shah Rukh posted on twitter.
Besides Steiner, the three-and-a-half-minute tribute video stars his wife Eliese in the role earlier played by Preity while former foreign minister of India, Salman Khurshid filled in the role done by Saif.
The premiere of the music was attended by actress Sharmila Tagore, Saif, Akhtar, Madhu Kishwar and Shaw last night in the Capital.