Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan and director Karan Johar congratulated their good friend Rani Mukerji, who tied the knot with her long-time beau Aditya Chopra in Italy.
Rani Mukerji’s friend and superstar Shah Rukh Khan wished the newly weds good luck.
May Allah bless my friends Rani & Adi. May u enjoy the small things my friends for in the end they r the big things. Happy union…love you.
— SHAH RUKH KHAN (@iamsrk) April 22, 2014
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Karan Johar – a very close friend of Rani Mukherji and Aditya Chopra – was among the few friends who attended the wedding in Italy on Monday (April 21). He tweeted: “And finally….Mr and Mrs Chopra….Love you both….”
Rani Mukerji and filmmaker Aditya Chopra have tied the knot in a quiet ceremony in Italy, ending years of speculation about their relationship status.
Rani Mukerji’s brother-in-law Uday Chopra also welcomed the actress into the family.
We welcome Rani Chopra to the family…lots of love to the newly weds
— Uday Chopra (@udaychopra) April 22, 2014
A day of love for my 2 fav people!!! Mr and Mrs Chopra! — Shanoo Sharma (@Shanoozeing) April 22, 2014
— SOPHIE CHOUDRY (@Sophie_Choudry) April 22, 2014
The couple, who have been dating for several years, married last night in the Italian countryside.
“We are happy to announce that Mr Aditya Chopra and Ms Rani Mukerji got married last night on April 21 in Italy. The wedding was a very small intimate affair with very close family and friends. We wish the couple a very happy married life,” Yash Raj Films said in a statement.
Rani Mukerji, 36, said her wedding to the 42-year-old filmmaker was the continuation of a “fairytale”.
“I would like to share the happiest day of my life with all my fans all over the world whose love and blessings have been part of my journey all these years. I know that all my well-wishers who have waited for this day will be really happy for me. It was a beautiful wedding in the Italian countryside with just a few of our close family and friends with us. I have always believed in fairytales and with God’s grace my life has been exactly like one, and now as I enter the most important chapter of my life – the fairytale continues.
On her special day, the ‘Aiyyaa’ star did miss her legendary filmmaker father-in-law Yash Chopra, who died in October 2012.
“The one person I missed terribly was Yash Uncle, but I know he was there with us in spirit and his love and blessings will always be with Adi and me,” Rani said. (With PTI inputs)