Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan and director Karan Johar congratulated their good friend Rani Mukerji, who tied the knot with her long-time beau Aditya Chopra in Italy.
Rani Mukerji’s friend and superstar Shah Rukh Khan wished the newly weds good luck.
May Allah bless my friends Rani & Adi. May u enjoy the small things my friends for in the end they r the big things. Happy union…love you.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
— SHAH RUKH KHAN (@iamsrk) April 22, 2014
Karan Johar – a very close friend of Rani Mukherji and Aditya Chopra – was among the few friends who attended the wedding in Italy on Monday (April 21). He tweeted: “And finally….Mr and Mrs Chopra….Love you both….”
Rani Mukerji and filmmaker Aditya Chopra have tied the knot in a quiet ceremony in Italy, ending years of speculation about their relationship status.
Rani Mukerji’s brother-in-law Uday Chopra also welcomed the actress into the family.
We welcome Rani Chopra to the family…lots of love to the newly weds
— Uday Chopra (@udaychopra) April 22, 2014
A day of love for my 2 fav people!!! Mr and Mrs Chopra! — Shanoo Sharma (@Shanoozeing) April 22, 2014
— SOPHIE CHOUDRY (@Sophie_Choudry) April 22, 2014
The couple, who have been dating for several years, married last night in the Italian countryside.
“We are happy to announce that Mr Aditya Chopra and Ms Rani Mukerji got married last night on April 21 in Italy. The wedding was a very small intimate affair with very close family and friends. We wish the couple a very happy married life,” Yash Raj Films said in a statement.
Rani Mukerji, 36, said her wedding to the 42-year-old filmmaker was the continuation of a “fairytale”.
“I would like to share the happiest day of my life with all my fans all over the world whose love and blessings have been part of my journey all these years. I know that all my well-wishers who have waited for this day will be really happy for me. It was a beautiful wedding in the Italian countryside with just a few of our close family and friends with us. I have always believed in fairytales and with God’s grace my life has been exactly like one, and now as I enter the most important chapter of my life – the fairytale continues.
On her special day, the ‘Aiyyaa’ star did miss her legendary filmmaker father-in-law Yash Chopra, who died in October 2012.
“The one person I missed terribly was Yash Uncle, but I know he was there with us in spirit and his love and blessings will always be with Adi and me,” Rani said. (With PTI inputs)