Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan and director Karan Johar congratulated their good friend Rani Mukerji, who tied the knot with her long-time beau Aditya Chopra in Italy.
Rani Mukerji’s friend and superstar Shah Rukh Khan wished the newly weds good luck.
May Allah bless my friends Rani & Adi. May u enjoy the small things my friends for in the end they r the big things. Happy union…love you.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
— SHAH RUKH KHAN (@iamsrk) April 22, 2014
Karan Johar – a very close friend of Rani Mukherji and Aditya Chopra – was among the few friends who attended the wedding in Italy on Monday (April 21). He tweeted: “And finally….Mr and Mrs Chopra….Love you both….”
Rani Mukerji and filmmaker Aditya Chopra have tied the knot in a quiet ceremony in Italy, ending years of speculation about their relationship status.
Rani Mukerji’s brother-in-law Uday Chopra also welcomed the actress into the family.
We welcome Rani Chopra to the family…lots of love to the newly weds
— Uday Chopra (@udaychopra) April 22, 2014
A day of love for my 2 fav people!!! Mr and Mrs Chopra! — Shanoo Sharma (@Shanoozeing) April 22, 2014
— SOPHIE CHOUDRY (@Sophie_Choudry) April 22, 2014
The couple, who have been dating for several years, married last night in the Italian countryside.
“We are happy to announce that Mr Aditya Chopra and Ms Rani Mukerji got married last night on April 21 in Italy. The wedding was a very small intimate affair with very close family and friends. We wish the couple a very happy married life,” Yash Raj Films said in a statement.
Rani Mukerji, 36, said her wedding to the 42-year-old filmmaker was the continuation of a “fairytale”.
“I would like to share the happiest day of my life with all my fans all over the world whose love and blessings have been part of my journey all these years. I know that all my well-wishers who have waited for this day will be really happy for me. It was a beautiful wedding in the Italian countryside with just a few of our close family and friends with us. I have always believed in fairytales and with God’s grace my life has been exactly like one, and now as I enter the most important chapter of my life – the fairytale continues.
On her special day, the ‘Aiyyaa’ star did miss her legendary filmmaker father-in-law Yash Chopra, who died in October 2012.
“The one person I missed terribly was Yash Uncle, but I know he was there with us in spirit and his love and blessings will always be with Adi and me,” Rani said. (With PTI inputs)