Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, who was on Tuesday (July 1) conferred the Knight of the Legion of Honour, France’s highest honour, said it was his mother’s birthday and if she were alive, she would have been extremely happy.
“It’s my mother’s birthday. If she was alive, apart from being extremely old, she would have been extremely happy that her son has got the highest and the most prestigious honour in the world… so thank you on behalf of my mother,” Shah Rukh said.
The honour was conferred on the actor in recognition of his outstanding contribution to cultural diversity across the world.
Created in 1802 by Napoleon Bonaparte, the honour is the highest award given for outstanding service to France, regardless of the nationality of the recipient.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Shah Rukh also said a few lines in French during the award ceremony here.