As Salman Khan awaits the verdict in 2002 hit-and-run case, another Khan and his former foe-turned-friend Shah Rukh Khan visited his residence late Tuesday (May 5) night. Shah Rukh Khan was seen driving to Salman’s Galaxy apartments late in the night.
Salman and Shah Rukh Khan, who have had a public fallout at Katrina Kaif’s birthday party in 2008, have not been on friendly terms ever since then. The two recently patched up at Salman’s sister Arpita’s wedding last year, where they were seen happily talking to and laughing with each other.
Also seen at Salman Khan’s residence was his newlywed sister Arpita Khan with her husband Aayush Sharma.
Salman Khan has been directed to be present in person at the sessions court at 11.15 am. The actor has already arrived in the city from Kashmir. He was spotted at the Mumbai domestic airport.
- Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan's late night party. Here are all the details
- As HC acquits Salman Khan, jubilant fans celebrate outside his home
- Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan': 'Brother' Shah Rukh Khan tweets the first look
- Day after Salman Khan verdict, close friend Aamir Khan meets him at his residence
- Salman Khan's mother Salma, sisters Arpita and Alvira offer prayers ahead of verdict in 2002 hit and run case
- HIGHLIGHTS - Salman Khan sentenced to five years in jail, gets 2-day interim bail from High Court
Salman Khan is accused of ramming his car, while drunk, into a roadside bakery in suburban Bandra in the early hours of September 28, 2002, killing one person and injuring four others. The maximum sentence he can get is a ten years’ jail term, on the charge of culpable homicide not amounting to murder.
Police have fortified the court in order to restrain Salman’s fans from entering the premises with a view to avoiding overcrowding, sessions court sources said. Only media persons, lawyers and the court staff would be allowed inside the court, the sources said.
The film industry is also keeping its fingers crossed as an investment of about Rs 200 crore is riding on him. He is currently busy filming Kabir Khan’s ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ and Sooraj Barjatya’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’.
Salman Khan had committed to do four others films, including ‘Dabangg 3’ and ‘Entry Mein No Entry’, but these were only at the stage of announcement.