Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) and its ban on Pakistani artistes, asking them to leave India are affecting many in the industry. While, A-listers are coming up with their reactions on the same, Shah Rukh Khan and the makers of his upcoming big-ticket film Raees are planning to postpone its release date. Yes! If the reports are to be believed, SRK’s Raees which is also the Bollywood debut of its female lead and Pakistani actor Mahira Khan, may have be shifted.
Shah Rukh Khan’s Raees and Hrithik Roshan’s Kaabil were set for a big box office face-off on January 26 next year. But the big clash seems to be averted now.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Reportedly, Shah Rukh Khan along Raees makers are planning to change the release date because Mahira is a part of the project, and MNS has asked all Pakistani artistes to return to their country in the wake of the Uri terror attacks. The producers seem to be worried that this development can severely affect the business of the film. But no confirmation on the same is received yet.
Not only SRK’s film, but Karan Johar’s Ae Dil Hai Mushkil is also facing the heat after MSN demanded the ouster of Fawad Khan from this year’s Diwali release. ADHM, also stars Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and has Fawad in a pivotal cameo. The film is slated to open on October 28.
On Friday, 30 September, the Indian Motion Pictures Producers’ Association announced a ban on all Pakistani artistes and technicians from working in India. However, they said the ongoing projects were exempted from the ban, including ADHM and Raees.
Raees was originally meant to release during Eid 2016. However, Salman Khan’s Sultan too arriving on the same day, led to the SRK-Mahira film, directed by Rahul Dholakia to get postponed to January 2017.