Karan Johar and superstar Shah Rukh Khan last worked together on 2010 drama “My Name Is Khan” and the filmmaker says the two will be teaming up again “very soon”.
Johar began his directing career with Shah Rukh-starrer “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai” (1998) and went on to direct him in films like “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham” (2001) and “Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna” (2006).
The two soon become one of the most successful director-actor duos. Their fans have been waiting for them to reunite since “My Name Is Khan” released.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In a Twitter chat, Johar was asked when when is he going to direct SRK next. “Very soon… dying to make a film with him,” replied the “Student of the Year” director.
When asked to describe his friendship with the “Dilwale” star, Johar replied, “Life long.” In the same chat, the filmmaker called SRK “megastar”.
Johar is currently filming “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil”, starring Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Anushka Sharma.
The director revealed he is planning the sequel of his 2012 movie “Student of The Year” and will announce the film in the next two months.
With the film, Johar launched Alia Bhatt, Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan in Bollywood.
This was Johar’s first directorial venture without Shah Rukh Khan in the lead role.
When a fan asked if he was making a sequel to the film, Johar wrote, “Yes!!! Will be announced in 2 months! #soty2 #koffeewithkaran.”
The 43-year-old director also said that if he had to descrive Dhawan in one word it would be “energetic”. He, however, did not reveal the cast of the sequel.
The filmmaker said his next “might be” a dark action thriller.