The first romantic track of “Dilwale” featuring one of Bollywood’s best onscreen couples, Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol, titled “Gerua” has received spectacular response in the virtual world in just a day of its release.
The song, which was launched on Wednesday, was trending in 62 countries across the world at the same time. The official video got 1.6 million views on Facebook and 1.6 million on YouTube since its release, said a statement.
“Gerua” brings back some romantic moments of the “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge” couple back on the big screen. The music is given by Pritam Chakraborty and is sung by Arijit Singh and Antara Mitra.
And Pritam is elated by the response.
“The reaction on ‘Gerua’ from everywhere has been very heart-warming,” Pritam said.
With hues of bright colours like orange, the romantic number paints a dreamy image with Shah Rukh and Kajol declaring love for each other.
Mostly shot in Iceland, the song’s visuals are a delight to watch with glimpses of lush green mountains tops, waterfalls, rainbow or a wrecked plane on a deserted spot.
- Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol multiply love and romance in ‘Janam Janam’ song from ‘Dilwale’
- Karan, Farah are ‘wannabe actors’: Shah Rukh Khan
- Dilwale’s song “Gerua” makes Karan Johar nostalgic
- Shah Rukh Khan wows Maratha Mandir yet again, this time as ‘Dilwale’
- SRK, Kajol make a dreamy pair in ‘Gerua’ song from ‘Dilwale’
- SRK, Kajol back at Maratha Mandir after ‘DDLJ, to launch the first song of ‘Dilwale’ titled ‘Gerua’
The family entertainer with a perfect blend of action, romance and comedy is produced by Red Chillies Entertainments in association with Rohit Shetty Productions and will release on December 18.