Britain-based boy band The Vamps first got a glimpse of Indian showbiz via a collaboration with Vishal-Shekhar for ‘Beliya’. And James McVey, on behalf of the band, says they instantly fell in love with the glitzy world of Bollywood, with superstar Shah Rukh Khan taking their heart away.
Apart from McVey — the lead guitarist and vocalist, The Vamps comprises Brad Simpson (lead vocals and guitar), Connor Ball (bass guitar and vocals) and Tristan Evans (drums and vocals).
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“We are big fans of Bollywood. We always see happiness and colour in the dances, the sets are very elaborate and SRK is our favourite,” McVey told IANS in an email interview.
The band came to India in August this year to promote their single ‘Beliya’, and also collaborated with Ajay Devgn for ‘Shivaay’. Back then, during a visit to IANS, the band members had even spread their arms out a la Shah Rukh’s signature act.
Now, The Vamps, Virgin EMI UK, in collaboration with Bottom Line Media have come out a new single “All night” Feat. Matoma. The song was out on Friday.
Talking about the single, McVey said: “Our new single is called ‘All night’, and it’s a little bit more dancey than our previous singles. We’ve teamed up with Matoma on the track and love the production and different vibe he’s brought to the song.
“The song is about the nostalgia of spending time with a girl and you wake up in the middle of the night and you can’t sleep and you wish that you were with her.”
Simpson says the inspirational theme behind “All night” is “the notion of appreciating someone. It’s the feeling of reassurance knowing someone is there for you and acknowledging how much they’ve helped you too.”
Ask them about the memories they made during their recent India visit, Ball said they were amazed by the love poured on them by their fans.
“Before we visited India for first time, we had no clue about our fan following there. We were extremely overwhelmed seeing fans waiting for hours at the airport when we arrived. We loved the whole experience and can’t wait to go back,” Ball said.
Tanaaz Bhatia, Managing Director, Bottom Line Media, said: “The Vamps are a sensational boy band and one of the most, exciting new talents to emerge from the Virgin EMl UK’s repertoire. The band, presented a concert in India and we will doing a song with Vishal-Shekhar again. We look forward to many more exciting announcements for the group and other Virgin EMI UK artists over the coming months.”