The Mumbai police have informed a metropolitan magistrate’s court that no ‘cognisable offence’ was made out against Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan in connection with a brawl at the Wankhede stadium here after an IPL match in 2012.
“After the investigation, it was found that no cognisable offence had taken place,” said a police report filed in the court recently.
A local activist had filed a private complaint in the court here with regard to the incident, seeking action against Khan for abusing security personnels of the stadium.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Police said in the report that they recorded the actor’s statement, and he denied the allegations.
Khan told the police that after his team Kolkata Knight Riders won the match that day, his children and their friends entered the ground and the security guard Vikas Dalvi asked them to leave.
According to Khan, he only told Dalvi that the children were with him, and nobody should touch them. His business manager then took the children out of the stadium.
The actor told police that he got angry when someone spoke to him in indecent language.
The complainant, Amit Maru, had earlier filed a petition against him in the High Court in 2008, but the court’s verdict went in Shah Rukh’s favour, the actor said in the statement to the police, alleging that Maru may have filed the present complaint only for publicity.
Following the incident, the Mumbai Cricket Association had imposed a five-year ban on Shah Rukh which was lifted last year.