Shah Rukh Khan’s rise from humble beginnings to the top echelons of Bollywood provides inspiration to many newcomers in the industry. So big is SRK today that he has unwittingly ended up becoming a larger than life superstar something that he himself acknowledges.
“Fortunately or unfortunately having worked in this space for 25 years, I have become larger than life. And yes it is difficult to get out of it at times,” said SRK.
Though he is seen as one of the undisputed superstars of B-town, SRK finds the sobriquet weird when attached to him. (Read: My stardom has to be worn like a T-shirt, not tuxedo, says Shah Rukh Khan)
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“When people work for a long time whatever is said about them by others becomes big. To say that I am a superstar or I do X, is very weird. I just try to be happy in a film space and make people happy. It’s very simple. When I do a love story, I love and when I do an aggression filled film, I become aggressive. I try to play them the way a common man would. Some of them are larger than life. When Maneesh (Sharma) told me the story or any other film that people tell me to do, what I try to achieve is keep it very normal and simple.” (PHOTOS: Shah Rukh Khan’s father-in-law passes away, actor in Delhi with Gauri for cremation)
While superstar is something he finds weird, he is not too averse to being SRK. “I am happy being Shah Rukh Khan. I can’t take unkindly to being what I have become. I like that too. Hope I am able to do something in this film(Fan) which is different and people like it as well,” said SRK.