Shah Rukh Khan: Fortunately or unfortunately I have become larger than life

Shah Rukh Khan said, "Fortunately or unfortunately having worked in this space for 25 years, I have become larger than life."

Written by Sonup Sahadevan | Mumbai | Updated: March 3, 2016 2:26 pm
Shah Rukh Khan, Shah Rukh Khan fan, Shah Rukh Khan movies, Shah Rukh Khan upcoming movies, Shah Rukh Khan news, Shah Rukh Khan latest news, Shah Rukh Khan films, entertainment news Shah Rukh Khan’s rise from humble beginnings to the top echelons of Bollywood provides inspiration to many newcomers in the industry. So big is SRK today that he has unwittingly ended up becoming a larger than life superstar something that he himself acknowledges.

“Fortunately or unfortunately having worked in this space for 25 years, I have become larger than life. And yes it is difficult to get out of it at times,” said SRK.

Though he is seen as one of the undisputed superstars of B-town, SRK finds the sobriquet weird when attached to him. (Read: My stardom has to be worn like a T-shirt, not tuxedo, says Shah Rukh Khan)

“When people work for a long time whatever is said about them by others becomes big. To say that I am a superstar or I do X, is very weird. I just try to be happy in a film space and make people happy. It’s very simple. When I do a love story, I love and when I do an aggression filled film, I become aggressive. I try to play them the way a common man would. Some of them are larger than life. When Maneesh (Sharma) told me the story or any other film that people tell me to do, what I try to achieve is keep it very normal and simple.” (PHOTOS: Shah Rukh Khan’s father-in-law passes away, actor in Delhi with Gauri for cremation)

While superstar is something he finds weird, he is not too averse to being SRK. “I am happy being Shah Rukh Khan. I can’t take unkindly to being what I have become. I like that too. Hope I am able to do something in this film(Fan) which is different and people like it as well,” said SRK.

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

Abilasha
    Mar 2, 2016 at 6:07 pm
    @Hari amitabh was never a global icon like srk.srk is the biggest filmstar in the world.no one knows whos amitabh besides a few south asians
      Abilasha
      Mar 2, 2016 at 6:05 pm
      Amitabh always wanted to become a global icon like srk or amir
      1. H
        Harikrishnan
        Mar 2, 2016 at 12:24 pm
        It is better you realise your capabilities and stick to that. Remember AB's foray in to political which resulted in a colossal failure. Unnecessary comments on political situation in India also could have added to your films failure.
          Shamsher
          Mar 2, 2016 at 10:27 pm
          SRK ke jaisi acting koi bar dancer bhi kar lega. Rahi baat he being famous overseas. nobody knows him except few gavthi morons who have nothing else to do in their life than watch his ic films. Dont compare him to Amitabh Bachchan please. No way close. Neither is Amir. Salmans acting has improved quite a bit in the last few years.
            ashoke
            Mar 3, 2016 at 9:12 am
            @Shamsher ya u r right ur mom,a former bardancer now a prosute really dances much better than srk i agree with that. Before comparing srk with amitabh please dn't compare a superstar with a bar dancer like ur mom
              shahid
              Mar 20, 2016 at 8:36 am
              chituya if u dont know about his struggles then dont comment about his success...aur koi amitabh se compare nhi kar rha hai...smjha be akalband
              1. L
                Let-live
                Mar 2, 2016 at 7:00 pm
                Srk brings so much pride to India. Love him, haters keep barking, SRK has global fans wont make a difference by few barking sanghi dogs
                1. L
                  Let-live
                  Mar 2, 2016 at 7:03 pm
                  so is it a sin to speak the truth?????? and express urself as a muslim in india???