Superstar Shah Rukh Khan was conferred with top French civilian award — ‘Knight of the Legion of Honor’. Visiting French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius presented the prestigious award to the 48-year-old actor at a function here for his outstanding contribution to cultural diversity across the world.
“I feel very humbled and grateful for this prestigious honour. Today is my mother’s birthday and if she had been alive she would have been happy that I got this prestigious honour. I accept this award not as an individual but on behalf of hundreds of filmmakers,” Shah Rukh Khan said.
“It makes me feel proud to be recognised for the field I am passionate about. This award has motivated me to take Indian cinema to the next level of acceptance, love and glory. I thank the President of France for this honour.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Shah Rukh is second Bollywood personality after megastar Amitabh Bachchan to be bestowed this award.
The superstar, who dons many a hat, including those of producer, television personality, philanthropist and entrepreneur, has appeared in over 50 Hindi films in genres ranging from romance to action and comedy.
SRK, as he is informally addressed, initially did theatre and appeared in TV series in the late 1980s before making his Bollywood debut in 1992 with ‘Deewana’.
Some of his memorable films are ‘Darr’, ‘Baazigar’, ‘Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge’, ‘Dil To Pagal Hai’, ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’, ‘Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham’, ‘Swades’, ‘Chak De! India’, ‘Devdas’, ‘My Name Is Khan’ and ‘Chennai Express’.
In 2007, he made his debut as a TV presenter with popular game show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’. He owns Red Chillies Entertainment, a production company, and is co-owner of IPL team Kolkata Knight Riders.
Shah Rukh Khan was awarded Padma Shri in 2005 and the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the government of France in 2007 for his contribution to cinema.