Superstar Shah Rukh Khan was conferred with top French civilian award — ‘Knight of the Legion of Honor’. Visiting French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius presented the prestigious award to the 48-year-old actor at a function here for his outstanding contribution to cultural diversity across the world.
“I feel very humbled and grateful for this prestigious honour. Today is my mother’s birthday and if she had been alive she would have been happy that I got this prestigious honour. I accept this award not as an individual but on behalf of hundreds of filmmakers,” Shah Rukh Khan said.
“It makes me feel proud to be recognised for the field I am passionate about. This award has motivated me to take Indian cinema to the next level of acceptance, love and glory. I thank the President of France for this honour.”
Shah Rukh is second Bollywood personality after megastar Amitabh Bachchan to be bestowed this award.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The superstar, who dons many a hat, including those of producer, television personality, philanthropist and entrepreneur, has appeared in over 50 Hindi films in genres ranging from romance to action and comedy.
SRK, as he is informally addressed, initially did theatre and appeared in TV series in the late 1980s before making his Bollywood debut in 1992 with ‘Deewana’.
Some of his memorable films are ‘Darr’, ‘Baazigar’, ‘Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge’, ‘Dil To Pagal Hai’, ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’, ‘Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham’, ‘Swades’, ‘Chak De! India’, ‘Devdas’, ‘My Name Is Khan’ and ‘Chennai Express’.
In 2007, he made his debut as a TV presenter with popular game show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’. He owns Red Chillies Entertainment, a production company, and is co-owner of IPL team Kolkata Knight Riders.
Shah Rukh Khan was awarded Padma Shri in 2005 and the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the government of France in 2007 for his contribution to cinema.