Ahead of Father’s Day, US President Barack Obama and Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan have emerged as the most admired dads in a new survey.
Father’s Day falls on Sunday (June 15). Matrimony website Shaadi.com conducted an online survey with over 5,500 respondents to find out who the most popular father is.
When Indian women were asked about the country’s most popular father, SRK, who has three children, got the lion’s share of votes, while Obama topped the charts when the ladies were asked about famous fathers of other nationalities.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Interestingly, 42.5 percent of the women surveyed voted for Shah Rukh as ‘India’s Most Popular Father’, followed by master blaster Sachin Tendulkar, who got 36.9 percent votes and then Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who received 20.6 percent votes.
When the women were asked to vote for ‘Most Admired Dad’ from famous fathers of other nationalities, 40.3 percent of them chose Obama, followed by musician Will Smith (31.4 percent), former football ace David Beckham (15.2 percent) and tennis champion Roger Federer (13.1 percent).
The respondents were also asked to choose ‘India’s Most Admired Father-Daughter Relationship’.
As many as 43.2 percent of them voted for the camaraderie that Shah Rukh shares with his daughter Suhana. The duo was closely followed by Mahesh Bhatt and Alia Bhatt (27.3 percent), Prakash Padukone and Deepika Padukone (17.2 percent) and Anil Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor (12.3 percent).
When it came to the ‘Most Admired Father-Son Relationship’, 33.4 percent Indian women voted for Rishi Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor, followed by Amitabh and Abhishek Bachchan (31.2 percent), Shah Rukh and Aryan (23.3 percent), and Sunil Gavaskar and Rohan Gavaskar (12.1 percent).
Commenting on the survey results, Gourav Rakshit, chief operations officer, Shaadi.com, said in a statement: “The survey highlights that people adore and idolize celebrities who spend quality time with family despite their celebrity status.”