Ahead of Father’s Day, US President Barack Obama and Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan have emerged as the most admired dads in a new survey.
Father’s Day falls on Sunday (June 15). Matrimony website Shaadi.com conducted an online survey with over 5,500 respondents to find out who the most popular father is.
When Indian women were asked about the country’s most popular father, SRK, who has three children, got the lion’s share of votes, while Obama topped the charts when the ladies were asked about famous fathers of other nationalities.
Interestingly, 42.5 percent of the women surveyed voted for Shah Rukh as ‘India’s Most Popular Father’, followed by master blaster Sachin Tendulkar, who got 36.9 percent votes and then Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who received 20.6 percent votes.
When the women were asked to vote for ‘Most Admired Dad’ from famous fathers of other nationalities, 40.3 percent of them chose Obama, followed by musician Will Smith (31.4 percent), former football ace David Beckham (15.2 percent) and tennis champion Roger Federer (13.1 percent).
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The respondents were also asked to choose ‘India’s Most Admired Father-Daughter Relationship’.
As many as 43.2 percent of them voted for the camaraderie that Shah Rukh shares with his daughter Suhana. The duo was closely followed by Mahesh Bhatt and Alia Bhatt (27.3 percent), Prakash Padukone and Deepika Padukone (17.2 percent) and Anil Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor (12.3 percent).
When it came to the ‘Most Admired Father-Son Relationship’, 33.4 percent Indian women voted for Rishi Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor, followed by Amitabh and Abhishek Bachchan (31.2 percent), Shah Rukh and Aryan (23.3 percent), and Sunil Gavaskar and Rohan Gavaskar (12.1 percent).
Commenting on the survey results, Gourav Rakshit, chief operations officer, Shaadi.com, said in a statement: “The survey highlights that people adore and idolize celebrities who spend quality time with family despite their celebrity status.”