Superstar Shah Rukh Khan has asked his fans to go out and vote in large numbers during this Lok Sabha elections if they want to live in a ‘happy country’. The Lok Sabha elections this year are being held in nine phases- from April 7 to May 12.
“We want to live in a happy country. After watching things on TV and reading about people, I think they are intelligent enough to make up their mind on who to vote and who not to,” the 48-year-old actor said during an event here.
Yesterday Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and leader Abu Azmi, who is actress Ayesha Takia’s father-in-law, created a furore amongst the public with their comment on rape.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Reacting to their statements, Shah Rukh said, “Our country is going through elections. I think during the
elections a lot of people say a lot of things… Whatever small, little knowledge that I have about these things I can only ask people to go out and vote for people who you would like to see as your leader.”
The actor is currently shooting for Farah Khan’s ‘Happy New Year’, and he says the round-the-clock schedule will prohibit him from attending this year’s India International Film Awards (IIFA) to be held in Tampa Bay, US.
“I am shooting all seven days a week for ‘Happy New Year’. I won’t get the time to go to IIFA this year. But I think others from the film may go for the award show,” Shah Rukh said.
‘Happy New Year’ also stars Deepika Padukone, Abhishek Bachchan, Boman Irani and Sonu Sood. The film is expected to hit theatres on October 23 this year.