Superstar Shah Rukh Khan has asked his fans to go out and vote in large numbers during this Lok Sabha elections if they want to live in a ‘happy country’. The Lok Sabha elections this year are being held in nine phases- from April 7 to May 12.
“We want to live in a happy country. After watching things on TV and reading about people, I think they are intelligent enough to make up their mind on who to vote and who not to,” the 48-year-old actor said during an event here.
Reacting to their statements, Shah Rukh said, “Our country is going through elections. I think during the
elections a lot of people say a lot of things… Whatever small, little knowledge that I have about these things I can only ask people to go out and vote for people who you would like to see as your leader.”
The actor is currently shooting for Farah Khan’s ‘Happy New Year’, and he says the round-the-clock schedule will prohibit him from attending this year’s India International Film Awards (IIFA) to be held in Tampa Bay, US.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“I am shooting all seven days a week for ‘Happy New Year’. I won’t get the time to go to IIFA this year. But I think others from the film may go for the award show,” Shah Rukh said.
‘Happy New Year’ also stars Deepika Padukone, Abhishek Bachchan, Boman Irani and Sonu Sood. The film is expected to hit theatres on October 23 this year.