Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan’s recent statements on intolerance had snowballed into a huge controversy attracting negative criticism that adversely affected both superstars. Post the controversy, the actors are guarded in their reactions towards issues not concerning their professional commitments. Actress Sonam Kapoor feels such negative criticism have only made actors afraid in expressing their opinions freely.
Speaking at launch of her film Neerja’s new song, Aankhein Milayenge Darr Se, Sonam told IndianExpress.com, “Just imagine the way we are reacting to Shah Rukh or Aamir Khan. They will be afraid to say or talk about things because of negative reactions.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Sonam believes it is important to put out one’s opinion openly and fearlessly in our country. The actress also feels it is important to support people with opinions irrespective of the nature of their opinions.
“We should be supportive of people who have opinions good, bad or ugly. Everyone should have a right to speak no matter what. I went through this last year. I said something and I was trolled to another level but at the end of the day I was like if I have this platform and voice people actually listen to what I have to say. I am going to keep doing it no matter what. Eventually somebody will listen to what I have to say,” emphasised Sonam.