Shah Rukh, Aamir Khan will be afraid to talk about things because of negative reactions, says Sonam

Post statements on intolerance, Shah Rukh, Aamir Khan are guarded in their reactions towards issues not concerning their professional commitments.

Written by Sonup Sahadevan | Mumbai | Updated: February 4, 2016 2:49 pm
Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, sonam Kapoor, Shah Rukh Khan intolerance, shah Rukh Khan films, skr news, shahrukh statement, Aamir Khan films, Aamir news, Aamir khan intolerance, neerja, neerja song, entertainment news Sonam Kapoor feels such negative criticism have only made Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan afraid in expressing their opinions freely.

Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan’s recent statements on intolerance had snowballed into a huge controversy attracting negative criticism that adversely affected both superstars. Post the controversy, the actors are guarded in their reactions towards issues not concerning their professional commitments. Actress Sonam Kapoor feels such negative criticism have only made actors afraid in expressing their opinions freely.

Speaking at launch of her film Neerja’s new song, Aankhein Milayenge Darr Se, Sonam told IndianExpress.com, “Just imagine the way we are reacting to Shah Rukh or Aamir Khan. They will be afraid to say or talk about things because of negative reactions.”

Also read: VHP protests shooting of Shah Rukh Khan’s film “Raees” in Bhuj

Sonam believes it is important to put out one’s opinion openly and fearlessly in our country. The actress also feels it is important to support people with opinions irrespective of the nature of their opinions.

Also read: SRK: I want to buy a plane, but don’t have money

“We should be supportive of people who have opinions good, bad or ugly. Everyone should have a right to speak no matter what. I went through this last year. I said something and I was trolled to another level but at the end of the day I was like if I have this platform and voice people actually listen to what I have to say. I am going to keep doing it no matter what. Eventually somebody will listen to what I have to say,” emphasised Sonam.

Watch: SRK,Aamir Khan Will Be Afraid To Talk About Things Because Of Negative Reactions: Sonam Kapoor

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

Sirius
    Feb 4, 2016 at 5:37 am
    Against Sikhs, Jats, Marathas, Coorgis, Dogras, Gorkhas, Bodos, Nagas ? Go ahead, make my day ...
    1. G
      Gopinath Menon
      Feb 4, 2016 at 7:17 am
      it is better if they don't talk except movies.
        Pat
        Feb 4, 2016 at 4:01 pm
        Today's Indian youth is well informed educated can do a lot of things without these isi agents and illiterate traitors. Each time your mouth opens it proves to be disastrous, you school drop out , go take acting cles to save yourself from embarrment. Who encouraged you to be an actor hopeless woman, wants to make news. .
          me
          Feb 4, 2016 at 1:35 pm
          SRK's haters just proved that he is right and they are intolerent. anyways, i will never stop watching his films and will convince others to do the same
          1. J
            J.S.Acharya Acharya
            Feb 4, 2016 at 6:54 am
            One more joins in the stupid fray !
              Alab
              Feb 4, 2016 at 5:07 pm
              Madam Sonam, everybody has the freedom of expression. If I do not like what they say, will you not allow me to say it openly ? How can you be so intolerant ?
                Anil Gupta
                Feb 4, 2016 at 5:30 am
                Actors and actresses want to have apple and eat it too! They are celebrities and there b value is due to the image they have created in the mind of people about themselves. If after encashing this b value they want to freely express their mind then they should be ready for a hit on their b value. This is real world!
                  arati
                  Feb 4, 2016 at 7:54 am
                  The Khans thought they can influence the thought process of Indians by impressing them through their average films. They have got a piece of the Indian mind who cannot be influenced by these jihadi thoughts. I hope they keep their tails under their legs and go about their jobs and not try to change Indian society back to middle ages with the help of their kin in stan.