Veteran Indian actress Shabana Azmi says she would definitely think about working in a Pakistani film if a good script came her way.
The 63-year-old actress is in the city to attend the ongoing Sindh Festival on a special invite from Bilawal Bhutto, the Chairperson of the Pakistan Peoples Party.
Azmi said being a professional actor she is ready to work anywhere as long as the script and subject is strong.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I am happy to be back in Karachi as it is always good to visit Pakistan because there is a lot in common between the people of both the countries,” Azmi said.
“The good thing is that the people are always in contact with each other and we like so many things about each other and also have lot in common in arts and culture,” she added.
Azmi also felt that Pakistan and India should try to have more joint ventures in filmmaking as this would benefit both countries.
The ‘Arth’ star is due to attend some main events and closing ceremony of the festival.
Veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah, Azmi’s co-star in many Shyam Benegal movies, has worked in popular Pakistani films ‘Khuda Ke Liye’ and ‘Zinda Bhaag’, which was the country’s entry to the Oscars this year.