Veteran Indian actress Shabana Azmi says she would definitely think about working in a Pakistani film if a good script came her way.
The 63-year-old actress is in the city to attend the ongoing Sindh Festival on a special invite from Bilawal Bhutto, the Chairperson of the Pakistan Peoples Party.
Azmi said being a professional actor she is ready to work anywhere as long as the script and subject is strong.
“I am happy to be back in Karachi as it is always good to visit Pakistan because there is a lot in common between the people of both the countries,” Azmi said.
“The good thing is that the people are always in contact with each other and we like so many things about each other and also have lot in common in arts and culture,” she added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Azmi also felt that Pakistan and India should try to have more joint ventures in filmmaking as this would benefit both countries.
The ‘Arth’ star is due to attend some main events and closing ceremony of the festival.
Veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah, Azmi’s co-star in many Shyam Benegal movies, has worked in popular Pakistani films ‘Khuda Ke Liye’ and ‘Zinda Bhaag’, which was the country’s entry to the Oscars this year.