Actress Juhi Chawla, who was “wheezing and coughing” since the last five days, was advised by her “Chalk N Duster” co-star and veteran actress Shabana Azmi to drink turmeric water and it worked like “magic” for her.
Juhi, who is currently busy shooting for “Chalk N Duster” along with Shabana and Divya Dutta, took to Twitter on Saturday to share a photograph of the organic turmeric that she got from Shabana.
“Was sick…Wheezing and coughing for the past five days .. Shabanaji advised me to sip haldi paani (turmeric water) … And it’s worked like magic,” she tweeted.
- CCTV cameras fail to curb drugs trade in notorious Hoshiarpur village
- Philippe Coutinho returns to form as Liverpool beat Leicester City 3-2
- The Hand That Rocks: Retelling of the Mahabharata by Karnataka's tribal hunting community, the Sillakeyata
- Fuel prices will come down soon: Dharmendra Pradhan
- Bandar se Raavan tak: A day in the life of Budhana’s Ramleela
- Mexico earthquake spreads alarm, some rescue efforts suspended
Juhi further shared the recipe of making turmeric water.
“To make haldi paani…Simply boil water with good quality organic haldi…And Shabanaji sweetly gifted me that too,” she wrote.
Meanwhile, Shabana also took to the micro-blogging site to thank Juhi for bringing Gujarati food to the set.
“Thank you so much @iam_juhi for the yummy Gujju food that you brought today on set of Amin Suranis #Chalk And Duster. Am still licking my lips. Maju,” she posted on Saturday.
Directed by Jayant Gilatar, “Chalk N Duster” has been termed as an educational film about teachers.
It also stars Jackie Shroff, Samir Soni and Girish Karnad among others.