Veteran actress Shabana Azmi met Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif at a tea party hosted by a steel tycoon last evening.
The 63-year-old actress said she was delighted to know Sharif, who was in the Capital to attend PM Narendra Modi’s swearing-in on May 26, is an admirer of her father Kaifi Azmi, singers Mohammed Rafi and Lata Mangeshkar.
“Over tea at Sajjan Jindals… Met Nawaz Sharif yesterday. Delighted that he is fan of Kaifi saab, Lataji and Mohd Rafi,” Shabana posted on Twitter.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The National award-winning actress said during her tete-a-tete with Sharif, they discussed about the possibility of co-productions between the two countries.
“I said we need Indo-Pak co-productions… Nawaz Sharif said he gives his full support for films as co-productions between India and Pakistan. He brings message of peace and encourages exchanges,” Shabana said.