Lead pair – Alia Bhatt and Shahid Kapoor of Vikas Bahl’s forthcoming film, ‘Shaandaar’ have been pretty wrapped up with activities for the film and the team has succeeded in piquing everybody’s interest especially due to their one-of-a kind strategies.
The film’s latest song, ‘Neend Na Mujhko Aaye’ was launched in a Mumbai coffee shop at midnight on Thursday (October 9).
A rendition of Asha Bhosle’s age-old classic, by the same name, ‘Neend Na Mujhko Aaye’ is pictured on Alia and Shahid who play insomniac in the film.
Struggling through sleepless nights, Shahid is seen tossing and turning restlessly, while a wide-awake Alia tries to pass the time with midnight snacks and some torch light reading.
Finally, the pair find comfort in each other’s company, while the whole world sleeps.
- I am nervous about sharing screen with Shah Rukh Khan: Alia Bhatt
- Salman Khan is Shaandaar, says Alia Bhatt
- Shahid Kapoor, Alia Bhatt have eyes only for each other at 'Neend na mujhko aaye' launch
- Shahid Kapoor, Alia Bhatt's 'Shaandaar's crew drank 137 cups of coffee during shoot
- Shahid Kapoor, Alia Bhatt to meet at midnight to launch 'Shaandaar' song
- Shahid Kapoor, Alia Bhatt play insomniacs in 'Shaandaar'
Composed by Amit Trivedi, ‘Neend Na Mujhko Aaye’ is a catchy remixed version of the Hemant Kumar-Lata Mangeshkar song from ‘Post Box 999’, which was pictured on Sunil Dutt and Shakila.
Recreated by Mikey McCleary, ‘Neend Na Mujhko Aaye’ is expected to win over audiences, just like the film’s previously released tracks.
Prior to the song’s release, Alia had posted about the same on Twitter.
SHAANDAAR Alia (@aliaa08) October
Shahid also shared the song on Twitter.
Previously talking about the film, director Vikas Bahl had said, “Shahid and Alia are playing characters who are suffering from insomnia, which is, inability to get sleep. Insomnia is something most people have gone through at some point in their life which makes the film and their characters extremely relatable.”
‘Shaandaar’ will hit screens on October 22.