Tuesday evening set the stage for one of the biggest film awards night in the country as the nominations party for Kamala Pasand 20th Annual Life OK Screen Awards unfolded.
The evening began around 8pm at JW Marriott Hotel, Juhu, Mumbai. Among the first to arrive was actor Neeraj Kabi, who in contrast to his on-screen character of a monk in Ship of Theseus, had suited up for the evening.
He was followed by Irrfan and other members of The Lunchbox cast, Nimrat Kaur and Nawazuddin Siddiqui. Rajkummar Rao, who has had a fabulous year with Shahid and Kai Po Che!, shared a table with the directors of the films, Hansal Mehta and Abhishek Kapoor respectively. His co-actor in Kai Po Che!, Amit Sadh, also joined them. Richa Chadda attended the function with her Fukrey director Mrighdeep Singh Lamba, while filmmaker Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and actor Divya Dutta represented the Bhaag Milkha Bhaag camp.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Playing emcee for the evening, television actor Karanvir Bora first invited Screen editor Priyanka Sinha-Jha and Ajit Thakur, General Manager of Life OK, on stage. “When we completed two years in December, we decided to celebrate by making our first association with Bollywood; partnering with Screen awards has been that step,” said Thakur.
The duo then introduced the Hindi film jury, comprising Homi Adajania, Moushumi Chatterjee, John Matthew Matthan, Sriram Raghavan, Atul Agnihotri, Sonali Kulkarni, Umesh Shukla, Prosenjit and Rahul Dholakia, and the chairperson, Govind Nihalani. Prominent film personality Kiran Shantaram represented the Marathi film jury, which includes actor Shreyas Talpade and Sukanya Kulkarni.
Talking about the awards night, scheduled for January 14, Mohammed Morani of Cineyug — they have been executing the Big Night year after year — said that noted set and production designer Omung Kumar has chosen a fitting theme for the 20th year celebrations. “The set’s all gold and art deco. Shah Rukh Khan will be the host and this season’s golden girl Deepika Padukone will be seen in four avatars,” he said, adding that for the first time, a live action performance will be part of an awards night.
– See more at: http://screenawards.indianexpress.com/news/screen-awards-2014-the-stage-is-set/1217027/#sthash.5ipyzpjM.dpuf