Veteran choreographer Saroj Khan praised actress Deepika Padukone for her performance in “Bajirao Mastani” and noted that it is important to bring back elements from our culture into dance like the film showcased.
“As the trends and period start changing, we should walk along with the public. The public today go to the toilet as soon as an English song starts, like how they used to do it for Indian songs earlier. So it is very important that we bring back our things like you can see in ‘Bajirao..’, that Indian dance can also grip you,” said Khan at an event of a talent hunt show.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The “Pinga” song from the film featuring lead actresses Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra had instantly drawn comparison to Khan’s choreographed song “Dola Re” from “Devdas” starring Madhuri Dixit and Aishwarya Rai for the same director Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
“In my generation Madhuri brought whatever it was and after that, no one came about. And now, Deepika is very good, she always brings something nice and new, she also dances well.”
Khan had choreographed Kareena Kapoor Khan in “Agent Vinod” song “Dil Mera Muft Ka” and she considers her “superb”.
She also feels that the new generation of dancers need to contribute to change the trend in the dance forms. “It’s important that they give good dances in films because we’ve got bored of making contemporary and hip-hop, we should make something different,” she said.
Khan has also been working on a Hollywood project.