Veteran choreographer Saroj Khan praised actress Deepika Padukone for her performance in “Bajirao Mastani” and noted that it is important to bring back elements from our culture into dance like the film showcased.
“As the trends and period start changing, we should walk along with the public. The public today go to the toilet as soon as an English song starts, like how they used to do it for Indian songs earlier. So it is very important that we bring back our things like you can see in ‘Bajirao..’, that Indian dance can also grip you,” said Khan at an event of a talent hunt show.
The “Pinga” song from the film featuring lead actresses Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra had instantly drawn comparison to Khan’s choreographed song “Dola Re” from “Devdas” starring Madhuri Dixit and Aishwarya Rai for the same director Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“In my generation Madhuri brought whatever it was and after that, no one came about. And now, Deepika is very good, she always brings something nice and new, she also dances well.”
Khan had choreographed Kareena Kapoor Khan in “Agent Vinod” song “Dil Mera Muft Ka” and she considers her “superb”.
She also feels that the new generation of dancers need to contribute to change the trend in the dance forms. “It’s important that they give good dances in films because we’ve got bored of making contemporary and hip-hop, we should make something different,” she said.
Khan has also been working on a Hollywood project.