“For the mother’s role, we thought we must go by physical resemblance and acting talent so Sarika was our first choice.
- Happy birthday Kalki Koechlin: Thanks for being your unconventional self in Bollywood
- Exclusive: Kalki Koechlin on being Laila in 'Margarita With a Straw'
- 'Margarita With A Straw' truly for Indian audience: Shonali Bose
- 'Margarita, With A Straw' a commercial film: Shonali Bose
- Hrithik Roshan to host screening of Kalki Koechlin's 'Margarita, With A Straw'
- People with disability have a masti side to them too: Filmmaker Shonali Bose
“She loved the script but when we had to wait for three months for Kalki then Sarika had given dates to other projects then we approached Revathi. I told Revathi to read the script then she said she wants to do it. She has done a fabulous job in the film,” Bose told IANS.
In the film, Kalki plays a cerebral palsy-affected girl. The film has been appreciated on the international platform as well as members of Hindi film industry.
It is slated for April 17 release.