“For the mother’s role, we thought we must go by physical resemblance and acting talent so Sarika was our first choice.
- 'Margarita With A Straw' truly for Indian audience: Shonali Bose
- 'Margarita, With A Straw' a commercial film: Shonali Bose
- There is a lot of me in 'Margarita, With A Straw': Shonali Bose
- Scary to play a real-life person: Kalki Koechlin on 'Margarita'
- Urban audience will like 'Margarita With a Straw': Revathi
- 'Margarita, With A Straw' a very personal film: Shonali Bose
“She loved the script but when we had to wait for three months for Kalki then Sarika had given dates to other projects then we approached Revathi. I told Revathi to read the script then she said she wants to do it. She has done a fabulous job in the film,” Bose told IANS.
In the film, Kalki plays a cerebral palsy-affected girl. The film has been appreciated on the international platform as well as members of Hindi film industry.
It is slated for April 17 release.