Synonymous with larger-than-life cinema and grandeur, Sanjay Leela Bhansali is presently shooting for his magnum-opus ‘Bajirao Mastani’ in Mumbai’s Film City. The talented filmmaker who is once again set to unleash his trademark grandeur and majestic taste in his upcoming epic love story, Bajirao Mastani, is currently shooting the splendid dance number ‘Deewani Mastani’ featuring Ranveer Singh, Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone.
The creative maverick along with choreographer Remo D’Souza is leaving no stone unturned to make sure the song Deewani Mastani turns out to be one of the major highlights of the period drama and is being shot at the most extravagant and expensive set – Aaina Mahal recreated in Film city.
- Deepika Padukone carries off historical roles beautifully, she has that aura: Madhuri Dixit
- Padmavati row: Kangana Ranaut has refused to be a part of what she calls a feminist movement 'Deepika bachao'
- Ranveer Singh: Playing an anti-hero in Padmavati is a risky move
- Padmavati song Ghoomar: Deepika Padukone stuns, makes you believe that she is indeed Rani Padmini. Watch video
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone's dance off in 'Pinga' song from 'Bajirao Mastani', watch
- Mastani embodies today's woman, says Deepika Padukone
Remo says, “I’m really loving the way the song is shaping up. It’s better than what we imagined.”
Aaina Mahal is on the lines of the mirror-covered Mughal-E-Azam set and is the most expensive set so far after the cult film.
Over 20,000 intricately designed mirrors have been used to put the set together. Special karigars from jaipur were summoned to work on the embedding of the mirrors to maintain authenticity. The massive set measures 12,500 sq feet .What’s even more awe inspiring is that one angle of the frame reflects in the 20,000 mirrors.