Bollywood superstar Sanjay Dutt’s parole will end today (March 21). Sanjay Dutt was released from Pune’s Yerwada jail on one-month parole on December 21 last year on the grounds of his wife Maanyata’s illness. The parole was later extended by a month, till February 21, 2014 and then again till March 21. (Read: Prisoners on parole will have to serve additional term: Patil)
Sanjay Dutt had applied for the third parole saying he wanted to take care of his wife Maanyata, who had undergone surgery earlier. According to reports, Maanyata has a tumour in the liver.
The 53-year-old actor is serving the remaining 42 months of his sentence for illegal possession of arms in a case related to the 1993 serial blasts, in which over 250 people were killed and several hundred wounded.
In early 2013, the Supreme Court upheld his conviction and awarded five-year prison term. He has already served 18 months of his jail term. The actor was shifted to Pune’s Yerwada Central Jail in May last year, nearly a week after he surrendered before a Special Court here.
In the past, Sanjay Dutt faced several protests outside his home and jail for his parole requests. (With PTI inputs)
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016