Director Rajkumar Hirani has said actor Sanjay Dutt shot for his portions in the upcoming film ‘P.K’ before going to jail last year to serve his remaining term in the 1993 bomb blast case.
“He has already shot for his portions before he went (to jail),” Hirani said
Sanjay Dutt went to prison in May last year. There was a talk in Bollywood circles that the film’s release has been pushed to December as Aamir Khan, who features in ‘P.K’ and is also one of its producers, is busy with his TV talk show ‘Satyamev Jayate’ whose second edition went on air last Sunday.
Also, Aamir had earlier said Hirani wanted to spend more time on the film’s editing which is why the release was pushed to December from June 6.
But Hirani cleared the air and insisted the reason for putting off ‘P.K’ release was because people tend to watch more films during the festive season.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“There is no particular reason for the delay in release. We wanted to release the film in June. But then Christmas seemed apt time. It is festive time and more people tend to watch films during this (festive) period. Also, most of Aamir’s films hit the theatres during Christmas and they have done well,” the national award winning director said.
The Hirani-helmed political satire also stars Anushka Sharma and Sushant Singh Rajput, besides Sanjay Dutt and Aamir.
Aamir Khan has had successful Christmas releases—from ‘Ghajini’, ‘3 Idiots’ to last year’s ‘Dhoom 3’.