Director Rajkumar Hirani has said actor Sanjay Dutt shot for his portions in the upcoming film ‘P.K’ before going to jail last year to serve his remaining term in the 1993 bomb blast case.
“He has already shot for his portions before he went (to jail),” Hirani said
Sanjay Dutt went to prison in May last year. There was a talk in Bollywood circles that the film’s release has been pushed to December as Aamir Khan, who features in ‘P.K’ and is also one of its producers, is busy with his TV talk show ‘Satyamev Jayate’ whose second edition went on air last Sunday.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Also, Aamir had earlier said Hirani wanted to spend more time on the film’s editing which is why the release was pushed to December from June 6.
But Hirani cleared the air and insisted the reason for putting off ‘P.K’ release was because people tend to watch more films during the festive season.
“There is no particular reason for the delay in release. We wanted to release the film in June. But then Christmas seemed apt time. It is festive time and more people tend to watch films during this (festive) period. Also, most of Aamir’s films hit the theatres during Christmas and they have done well,” the national award winning director said.
The Hirani-helmed political satire also stars Anushka Sharma and Sushant Singh Rajput, besides Sanjay Dutt and Aamir.
Aamir Khan has had successful Christmas releases—from ‘Ghajini’, ‘3 Idiots’ to last year’s ‘Dhoom 3’.