Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt, jailed in the 1993 bomb blasts case, has sought a second extension of his parole to be with his wife Manyata, who is recovering from a surgery, police said today.
The actor was granted a month’s parole from Pune’s Yerwada Jail from December 21 for the second time after he spent all of October at home in Mumbai on leave from prison.
He was supposed to return to jail on January 21 but he sought extension of his temporary release from jail by another month (till February 21) which was granted by authorities.
Now he has applied for another month-long extension, saying he wants to take care of his wife Maanyata, who underwent surgery recently.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The actor wrote to Pune’s Divisional Commissioner seeking extension of his parole. The Commissioner in turn has asked Mumbai’s Khar police station (Sanjay Dutt’s residence comes under its jurisdiction) to carry out verification of the reason cited by the actor for pleading for further relief.
Accordingly, the Khar police will respond to the Pune Divisional Commissioner after carrying out verification process in a few days, sources said.
Maanyata, reported to be suffering from multiple ailments of the heart and liver, was admitted to Global Hospital in Parel here in January.
The 53-year-old actor is serving the remaining 42 months of his sentence for illegal possession of arms in a case related to the 1993 serial blasts, in which over 250 people were killed and several hundred wounded.
In early 2013, the Supreme Court upheld his conviction and awarded five-year prison term. He has already served 18 months of his jail term.
The actor was shifted to Pune’s Yerwada Central Jail in May last year, nearly a week after he surrendered before a Special Court here.
In the past, Sanjay Dutt faced several protests outside his home and jail for his parole requests. (With PTI inputs)