Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt, jailed in the 1993 bomb blasts case, has sought a second extension of his parole to be with his wife Manyata, who is recovering from a surgery, police said today.
The actor was granted a month’s parole from Pune’s Yerwada Jail from December 21 for the second time after he spent all of October at home in Mumbai on leave from prison.
He was supposed to return to jail on January 21 but he sought extension of his temporary release from jail by another month (till February 21) which was granted by authorities.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Now he has applied for another month-long extension, saying he wants to take care of his wife Maanyata, who underwent surgery recently.
The actor wrote to Pune’s Divisional Commissioner seeking extension of his parole. The Commissioner in turn has asked Mumbai’s Khar police station (Sanjay Dutt’s residence comes under its jurisdiction) to carry out verification of the reason cited by the actor for pleading for further relief.
Accordingly, the Khar police will respond to the Pune Divisional Commissioner after carrying out verification process in a few days, sources said.
Maanyata, reported to be suffering from multiple ailments of the heart and liver, was admitted to Global Hospital in Parel here in January.
The 53-year-old actor is serving the remaining 42 months of his sentence for illegal possession of arms in a case related to the 1993 serial blasts, in which over 250 people were killed and several hundred wounded.
In early 2013, the Supreme Court upheld his conviction and awarded five-year prison term. He has already served 18 months of his jail term.
The actor was shifted to Pune’s Yerwada Central Jail in May last year, nearly a week after he surrendered before a Special Court here.
In the past, Sanjay Dutt faced several protests outside his home and jail for his parole requests. (With PTI inputs)