IT IS official: Sanjay Dutt will walk out of the Yerwada Central Prison on Thursday. While there was speculation about the exact date of release of the actor’s five-year term, the prison authorities on Monday confirmed that the actor will walk out on February 25.
His jail term had been in the news for the number of parole and furlough leaves he got during his days behind bars.
Additional Director General D K Upadhyay confirmed that the actor’s jail term ends on February 25.
- For 23 years I’ve been waiting for this moment, for freedom: Sanjay Dutt
- Sanjay Dutt walks out of jail, says 'happy to be a free man after 23 years'
- Sanjay Dutt walks out of Yerwada Jail after 42 months
- Sanjay Dutt walks out of Yerawada jail: security beefed up fearing trouble
- Sanjay Dutt to take chartered flight home after leaving from Yerwada
- Sanjay Dutt may get 14-day furlough
Dutt is scheduled to step out of the jail on Thursday morning and will be received by his wife Manyata and children among other family members. Sources said there will be no permission either for a welcoming ceremony or any farewell planned by inmates.
The actor was also put behind bars in 1996 for possession of illegal firearms in the Mumbai serial blasts case and a got bail after serving a prison term of 18 months. In 2013, the SC, while sentencing him to a five-year term, ordered him to complete the remaining 42 months of his term. During this jail term, he was out several times on parole and furlough leaves.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews