Actor Sanjay Dutt was released from Yerwada jail in the morning of February 25. From offering prayers at Siddhivinayak to visitng the graves of his mother Nargis and finally meeting the press, here’s a full report of how Sanjay Dutt’s day went, post release.
8:00 am : The gates of Yerwada Central Jail were opened and Sanjay Dutt was seen walking out wearing a dark blue shirt and jeans.
8:15 am : The actor on his release turned near the gate to face the prison and bowed down touching the ground. He further saluted the Indian tricolour fluttering atop the prison wall.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
8:20 am: Sanjay Dutt greeted his family and friends outside the jail. Present to receive him outside the Yerwada Central Jail were his wife Manyata and filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani, writer Abhijat Joshi, his lawyers, thousands of fans and media. Close friend and filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani documented Sanjay Dutt’s release.The actor’s exit will be the first shot of the Sanjay Dutt biopic which Rajkumar Hirani is directing. There, he addressed the media and credited his fans for their unending support. He said, “I am here because of their (fans’) support. And there is no easy road to freedom, my friends.” Sanjay Dutt along with family and friends proceeded to Pune Airport at Lohegaon to board a chartered plane to Mumbai.
11:00 am : Sanjay Dutt arrived at Kalina airport with his wife Maanyata.
12:00 pm : Sanjay Dutt offered prayers at Siddhivinayak temple in Prabhadevi to seek blessings.
12:45 pm : Sanjay Dutt reached Bada Kabrastan near Marine Lines to pray at his mother Nargis’ grave. The actor visited the grave alone while Maanyata Dutt waited outside as women are not permitted to enter the premises.
1:00 pm : The Dutt household geared up to welcome their beloved Sanju Baba home. A Life size animated poster consisting of the many names he is addressed by family members at Pali hill, Bandra.
1:15 pm : Sanjay Dutt departs from Marine Lines for his house.
2:00 pm : The Dutt family consisting of sisters Priya and Namrata Dutt along with their family, relatives of the actor and close friends assembled near his building gate with a Puja ki thali, eagerly awaiting his homecoming. Priya Dutt told reporters it was an emotional day for the family.
2:15 pm : Sanjay Dutt arrived at Imperial Heights. He was welcomed by sister Priya Dutt in a tradition manner. Sanjay Dutt then goes on to give a ‘Jadoo ki Jhappi’ to his beloved sister.
2:20 pm : Sanjay Dutt reached his house. On entering the door, he walks to the portrait of his father, the late Sunil Dutt to perform a puja and seek blessings. He had told reporters, I miss my father very much. Had he been alive today he would have been the happiest man today.”
2:45 pm : Sanjay Dutt came downstairs to greet media and fans outside his residence.
Sanjay Dutt hugged his twins Shahraan and Iqra while addressing the press conference outside his Mumbai residence.
In merely a few hours since his release, Sanjay Dutt has already bagged his first film in his second innings. The film is an action film to be directed by Siddharth Anand that will be shot across six countries. The film is expected to take off this summer and is likely to release this year itself.