Actor Sanjay Dutt was released from Yerwada jail in the morning of February 25. From offering prayers at Siddhivinayak to visitng the graves of his mother Nargis and finally meeting the press, here’s a full report of how Sanjay Dutt’s day went, post release.
8:00 am : The gates of Yerwada Central Jail were opened and Sanjay Dutt was seen walking out wearing a dark blue shirt and jeans.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
8:15 am : The actor on his release turned near the gate to face the prison and bowed down touching the ground. He further saluted the Indian tricolour fluttering atop the prison wall.
8:20 am: Sanjay Dutt greeted his family and friends outside the jail. Present to receive him outside the Yerwada Central Jail were his wife Manyata and filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani, writer Abhijat Joshi, his lawyers, thousands of fans and media. Close friend and filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani documented Sanjay Dutt’s release.The actor’s exit will be the first shot of the Sanjay Dutt biopic which Rajkumar Hirani is directing. There, he addressed the media and credited his fans for their unending support. He said, “I am here because of their (fans’) support. And there is no easy road to freedom, my friends.” Sanjay Dutt along with family and friends proceeded to Pune Airport at Lohegaon to board a chartered plane to Mumbai.
11:00 am : Sanjay Dutt arrived at Kalina airport with his wife Maanyata.
12:00 pm : Sanjay Dutt offered prayers at Siddhivinayak temple in Prabhadevi to seek blessings.
12:45 pm : Sanjay Dutt reached Bada Kabrastan near Marine Lines to pray at his mother Nargis’ grave. The actor visited the grave alone while Maanyata Dutt waited outside as women are not permitted to enter the premises.
1:00 pm : The Dutt household geared up to welcome their beloved Sanju Baba home. A Life size animated poster consisting of the many names he is addressed by family members at Pali hill, Bandra.
1:15 pm : Sanjay Dutt departs from Marine Lines for his house.
2:00 pm : The Dutt family consisting of sisters Priya and Namrata Dutt along with their family, relatives of the actor and close friends assembled near his building gate with a Puja ki thali, eagerly awaiting his homecoming. Priya Dutt told reporters it was an emotional day for the family.
2:15 pm : Sanjay Dutt arrived at Imperial Heights. He was welcomed by sister Priya Dutt in a tradition manner. Sanjay Dutt then goes on to give a ‘Jadoo ki Jhappi’ to his beloved sister.
2:20 pm : Sanjay Dutt reached his house. On entering the door, he walks to the portrait of his father, the late Sunil Dutt to perform a puja and seek blessings. He had told reporters, I miss my father very much. Had he been alive today he would have been the happiest man today.”
2:45 pm : Sanjay Dutt came downstairs to greet media and fans outside his residence.
Sanjay Dutt hugged his twins Shahraan and Iqra while addressing the press conference outside his Mumbai residence.
In merely a few hours since his release, Sanjay Dutt has already bagged his first film in his second innings. The film is an action film to be directed by Siddharth Anand that will be shot across six countries. The film is expected to take off this summer and is likely to release this year itself.