Maharashtra government on Monday (January 20) extended Bollywood actor and 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case convict Sanjay Dutt’s parole by another 30 days on the ground of his wife Maanyata’s illness.
Sanjay Dutt was granted a month-long parole on December 6 last year, for a second time in a little over a month, which triggered protests outside Pune’s Yerawada Jail forcing the government to order an inquiry.
Earlier, Sanjay Dutt had availed of a month-long leave of furlough on medical grounds and was back in jail on October 30.
The 53-year-old actor was supposed to return to the jail on Tuesday (January 21) as his current month-long parole expires on Tuesday.
Pune Divisional Commissioner Prabhakar Deshmukh today sanctioned Sanjay Dutt’s plea for further extension of his leave by 30 more days on the ground of ill-health by his wife Maanyata.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Sanjay Dutt had been convicted by the Supreme Court last year and sentenced to five years in prison for illegally possession of arms in a case related to the 1993 bomb blasts.
Sanjay Dutt had already served 18 months of his term and is currently undergoing the remaining 42 months of his sentence.
Earlier this month, Manyata was admitted to a private hospital in suburban Mumbai after being diagnosed with a tumour in liver and a suspected heart ailment.