Maharashtra government on Monday (January 20) extended Bollywood actor and 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case convict Sanjay Dutt’s parole by another 30 days on the ground of his wife Maanyata’s illness.
Sanjay Dutt was granted a month-long parole on December 6 last year, for a second time in a little over a month, which triggered protests outside Pune’s Yerawada Jail forcing the government to order an inquiry.
Earlier, Sanjay Dutt had availed of a month-long leave of furlough on medical grounds and was back in jail on October 30.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
The 53-year-old actor was supposed to return to the jail on Tuesday (January 21) as his current month-long parole expires on Tuesday.
Pune Divisional Commissioner Prabhakar Deshmukh today sanctioned Sanjay Dutt’s plea for further extension of his leave by 30 more days on the ground of ill-health by his wife Maanyata.
Sanjay Dutt had been convicted by the Supreme Court last year and sentenced to five years in prison for illegally possession of arms in a case related to the 1993 bomb blasts.
Sanjay Dutt had already served 18 months of his term and is currently undergoing the remaining 42 months of his sentence.
Earlier this month, Manyata was admitted to a private hospital in suburban Mumbai after being diagnosed with a tumour in liver and a suspected heart ailment.