Yami Gautam, Pulkit Samrat may not have the big stars element in the film but the love story set in a small town has definitely more power than its contemporary Fitoor. The film has collected a total of Rs. 25.82 cr in a week of its release.
This is the first time that Yami Gautam was seen romancing Fukrey actor Pulkit Samrat on screen and their sizzling chemistry has done wonders in attracting crowds to the screens. (Read: Sanam Re review: Yami Gautam, Pulkit Samrat’s film is cliche-ridden)
Directed by Divya Khosla Kumar, the film which also features Rishi Kapoor showcases a love triangle between Yami, Pulkit and Urvashi Rautela. (Also read: Katrina Kaif’s Fitoor vs Yami Gautam’s Sanam Re, audience review)
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Made on a budget of Rs 20.50cr only (Cost Of Production + Publicity& Advertising), the film has already obtained profits. The film had a good day 1 (Friday) number of Rs. 5.04 cr. The second day saw a growth earning Rs. 5.56 cr. The movie saw a 100 per cent jump in Mysore territory and 30 per cent in Punjab and Rajasthan.
Taran Adarsh tweeted fresh figures , the movie has collected Rs 1.76 crore on Thursday.
#SanamRe Fri 5.04 cr, Sat 5.56 cr, Sun 6.45 cr, Mon 2.56 cr, Tue 2.34 cr, Wed 2.11 cr, Thu 1.76 cr. Total: ₹ 25.82 cr. India biz.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) February 19, 2016
On Valentine’s Day, Sanam Re excelled in all territories earning Rs. 6.45cr and during the weekdays also the film has been going steady collecting Rs. 2.56 cr on Monday and Rs. 2.36 cr on Tuesday giving a grand total of Rs. 21.95cr. The film has already recovered Rs 16 cr from music, satellite and overseas Distribution.
Pulkit plays the role of Akash in the film who is too busy struggling up the corporate ladder that he even forgets his childhood love Shruti (Yami Gautam) until he returns to his home town after years.