Yami Gautam, Pulkit Samrat may not have the big stars element in the film but the love story set in a small town has definitely more power than its contemporary Fitoor. The film has collected a total of Rs. 25.82 cr in a week of its release.
This is the first time that Yami Gautam was seen romancing Fukrey actor Pulkit Samrat on screen and their sizzling chemistry has done wonders in attracting crowds to the screens. (Read: Sanam Re review: Yami Gautam, Pulkit Samrat’s film is cliche-ridden)
Directed by Divya Khosla Kumar, the film which also features Rishi Kapoor showcases a love triangle between Yami, Pulkit and Urvashi Rautela. (Also read: Katrina Kaif’s Fitoor vs Yami Gautam’s Sanam Re, audience review)
Made on a budget of Rs 20.50cr only (Cost Of Production + Publicity& Advertising), the film has already obtained profits. The film had a good day 1 (Friday) number of Rs. 5.04 cr. The second day saw a growth earning Rs. 5.56 cr. The movie saw a 100 per cent jump in Mysore territory and 30 per cent in Punjab and Rajasthan.
Taran Adarsh tweeted fresh figures , the movie has collected Rs 1.76 crore on Thursday.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
#SanamRe Fri 5.04 cr, Sat 5.56 cr, Sun 6.45 cr, Mon 2.56 cr, Tue 2.34 cr, Wed 2.11 cr, Thu 1.76 cr. Total: ₹ 25.82 cr. India biz.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) February 19, 2016
On Valentine’s Day, Sanam Re excelled in all territories earning Rs. 6.45cr and during the weekdays also the film has been going steady collecting Rs. 2.56 cr on Monday and Rs. 2.36 cr on Tuesday giving a grand total of Rs. 21.95cr. The film has already recovered Rs 16 cr from music, satellite and overseas Distribution.
Pulkit plays the role of Akash in the film who is too busy struggling up the corporate ladder that he even forgets his childhood love Shruti (Yami Gautam) until he returns to his home town after years.