Verdict on Salman Khan has drawn extreme reactions from celebrities and fans but some people on social media chose to have a lighter take on the topic.
Catchy one liners from Salman’s films like “Mujhpe Koi Ehsaan Na Karna…” and “Chal Mere Bhai” started trending on Twitter and WhatsApp soon after the court hearing.
The 49-year-old actor was today sentenced to five years imprisonment by a Mumbai sessions court that convicted him of culpable homicide in the 2002 hit-and-run case.
- Shah Rukh Khan makes Salman Khan a babysitter, Tubelight actor says 'accha bhala duty pe laga raha hai'. Watch video
- Salman Khan turns Hanuman in Hanuman Ka Damdar, Raveena Tandon plays his mother. Watch video
- Will Salman Khan promote Aamir Khan's Dangal?
- IPL spot-fixing: ‘Khush ho gaya Seth ji,’ asks Ajit Chandila; ‘Haan, khush, khush, khush,’ says bookie
- 'Bhaad mein gaya 1, 2, 3', SRK and Aamir are my friends declares Salman Khan
- What Bodyguard tells you about thinking big
“Sanjay Dutt today would be singing the same song he sung years ago in a movie ‘chal mere bhai’,” a user shared.
“Bhai ne bola hai # Ke Mujh pe ek Ehsaan karna ke mujh pe koi ehsaan mat karna… Judge ne serious le liya isko,” another tweeted.
Even Salman’s high-end lifestyle brand Being Human was not spared.
“SalmanKhan will start a new brand #BeingJailed with clothing lines for jail. #SalmanVerdict #SalmanJudgementDay,” a user tweeted.
Another wrote, “#SalmanVerdict #SalmanJudgementDay #SalmanKhan #SalmanCase @BeingSalmanKhan limited stocks available, buy now!!”