Diwali time seems to be notching higher as the best release time of a Bollywood movie as Shah Rukh Khan’s movie ‘Happy New Year’ which released last year during this time did well on the opening day. This year Salman Khan’s latest release ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ which also released on Diwali is the highest opening day grosser in Bollywood.
Breaking many records, Salman’s movie was quick to climb the ladder of the highest Bollywood grossers by minting Rs. 40.35 cr on day one, followed by Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone film which was directed by Farah Khan.
The actor – director duos – Salman Khan, Sooraj Barjatya and Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan have always gone strong at the box office front in the past as well.
- Tiger Zinda Hai box office collection day 4: Salman Khan’s film earns Rs 151.47 crore
- Tiger Zinda Hai box office collection day 3: Salman Khan film overthrows Sultan, collects Rs 114.93 cr in first weekend
- Before Tiger Zinda Hai, here’s how Salman Khan’s last five films have performed at the box office
- Dilwale, Bajirao Mastani, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo: Vote for your favourite movie
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ might cross the Rs. 150 crore mark today
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ earns Rs. 71.38 cr in two days, inches close to 100 cr mark
Aamir Khan’s ‘Dhoom 3’ (Rs. 36.22 cr) which released around Christmas in 2013 in on number three, and the fourth position is again acquired by Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Chennai Express’ (Rs. 33.12 cr). Salman Khan’s ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ directed by Kabir Khan is on number five as it earned Rs. 32.93 on the first day of its release.
The Khans are ruling the box office with their movies acquiring top five slots. ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ has become the highest opening day grosser of 2015 as well.